complaints

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Image Signatures

Post by jb »

bortwein wrote:Ok, here's my Complaint/Suggestion.

Image Signatures...
Complaint:
I'm ok with if they are used, but I hate it when they are bigger than the person's text post above it.

Suggestion:
Set a size limit for these items to something simple like 50px height by 300px width.

Demo:
Because a signature is just tacked on as part of the message, and images are allowed in message bodies, your suggestion can only be something that people enforce upon themselves. There's no way for the message board software to enforce such a rule.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

the jazz, is it really necessary to have that big ole graphic in your sig?
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Re: Image Signatures

Post by bortwein »

jb wrote: Because a signature is just tacked on as part of the message, and images are allowed in message bodies, your suggestion can only be something that people enforce upon themselves. There's no way for the message board software to enforce such a rule.
Ok, I understand that. My thought would be to hopefully as a group agree to encourage people to not use image sigs that are so big. Maybe set up a line in the forum rules that asks people to not use an image sig that is bigger than (size suggested here.)

Just my 2 cents worth on the subject.
b o r t w e i n...it rhymes with Design. / bortwein Music SongFight! Archive
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I log in, and there are a lot of green things meaning new posts (I like the redecorating a lot, by the way). I click on one forum and read the posts I haven't yet seen there. Then I go back, and the others are labelled as though I'd already read them. This makes it virtually impossible to get caught up on the board, sadly.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

Generic wrote:I log in, and there are a lot of green things meaning new posts (I like the redecorating a lot, by the way). I click on one forum and read the posts I haven't yet seen there. Then I go back, and the others are labelled as though I'd already read them. This makes it virtually impossible to get caught up on the board, sadly.
you *have* cleared your cookies, right?
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

That would defeat the purpose, no?

I mean, I clear the cookies and it logs me out entirely.

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Generic wrote:That would defeat the purpose, no?

I mean, I clear the cookies and it logs me out entirely.
Yeah, it does - that one time. I had the same problem after jb did the cookie fix. But I just had to clear them once to get rid of the stale old cookies, and now it works like a charm.
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

Golly gee, Spud, you're right. Thanks.

Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

I have a complaint...

If you click on private messages/ faq/search/profile you basically are 'stuck' there with no links back to the forum. I believe 'usergroups' is supposed to be the link back to the main page...but it doesn't take you anywhere at all.

This becomes a problem if you are in the middle of 'checking posts since last visit' , come off of that page and then try to bring it back up... at least in my experience..it erases all the content... because it registers you as a new visit..and bam! all those references are gone... thats a lot of back button clicking...

Just a heads up.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Hoblit, is the "The Song Fight Network Forum Index" link just below the forum logo not working for you?

SPUD
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Spud wrote:Hoblit, is the "The Song Fight Network Forum Index" link just below the forum logo not working for you?

SPUD
You mean that long blue text link in bold right underneath the Logo Image that also performs the same function when clicked? Why yes ..yes it does.