Let's all sit down and read (Poetry In The Streets Reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Let's all sit down and read (Poetry In The Streets Reviews)

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Or you can stand... if you really want.... to make me feel uncomfortable.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Re: Let's all sit down and read (Poetry In The Streets Reviews)

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

On second thought, sitting in the street might not be a good idea.

Lyric thread here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11325

Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Songs posted!
thirdcat
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: guitar, bass, keys, drums, programming
Submitting as: Third Cat

Post by thirdcat »

First Impressions:

Paco: This has quite a different vibe from the other stuff of yours I think, I really dig it - it's got a sort of off kilter psychedelic pop thing going on. Just so much going on here, I think it would take me more listens to really catch it all. Based on my first listen this is a very likely vote for me. It's got some choices that at first I thought were maybe rushed production/mixing but as the song went on it seemed more likely they were on purpose? I think it gives it some sort of idiosyncratic flavor that makes it interesting.

Pigfarmer Jr: There's some stuff to like about this - there's some bits of melody that I'm finding pretty catchy, I think I'm a bit too cynical to really get into the lyrics though. Maybe more drums would have got it going a bit more?

Pork Producer Jr: Two songs and you're doing SpinTunes too, Really turning them out, eh? Real nice acoustic guitar on this one. I like that this early '70s Rolling Stones feel (thinking "Wild Horses") - definitely more up my alley than your Pigfarmer Jr song this week. I think this one works pretty well as a guy & guitar song. Maybe a little percussion would add some spice (but sloppy percussion can be a negative, so... if you don't have time to do it right, going without it is the right choice.) Yeah, this is real nice. Probable vote, will see how it grows on me!

Far North Daylight: Wasn't expecting too much based on the lofi acoustic intro but the vocals are pretty great. I like how they cut through. The additional instrumental layer (I wasn't entirely sure what it even was at first - still not 100% sure - but I think it's a heavily effected guitar) that comes in at one minute is very effective because you've already really sold it as a guy & guitar song. If I have a complaint it's that it overshadows the vocals at times, might have been nice to mix it down when vocals are going and up during instrumental sections. Overall I very much enjoyed this one. Likely vote.

Hoblit: I like the idea, I think when I'm in the right mood this could really hit me just right. Some pretty cool stuff going on instrumentally. Nice bass. Kinda tuned the ranting out, similar to how I do when I hear one of these street preachers in real life.

BSS: Cool riffs. Sounds good and the vocals work well, sounds pretty aggressively tuned at times but in a way that I think works. The break before the solo is kinda awkward. I do like the solo quite a lot. Overall I think this is another strong BSS song. I like it, but not quite as much as last week's. I'll probably end up voting for this as the good stuff far outweighs the bits I'm not sure about.

Vom Vorton: Nice groove right off. Reminds me of early Blur. I haven't listened to the song "Park Life" in a long time, but for some reason it reminds me of that. I like the minimalist mix / production. Very tasteful - leaves lots of room for what is here. Overall this is probably my favorite of the week and a definite vote.

LIchen Throat: I was shocked to hear that real guitar on the intro! It sounded a lot like your other songs but with a real guitar and that did make a big difference in the enjoyment for me, I liked this much better than your other stuff. Your vocals seem a bit more in time too. They're still a bit messy but - a marked improvement. Maybe a little EQ cut and compression would help get them to sit in the mix better. Really cool to hear you develop your style a bit more.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

These are fast (mostly) one listen reviews before I head off to work.

BSS - I'm digging the guitars (as usual.) They sound good. The legato lead is tasty. I like the melody and the vocal works well with it (I like the layers.) Another solid entry from this group.

Far North Daylight - I like the playing on the guitars right from the opening notes. They layered synth sound that comes in is cool and I like that it has a hint of dissonance. I enjoyed the melody and vocal and thought this worked well, although I could have done with the extraneous last note or two trailing off. But it doesn't hurt my opinion none.

Hoblit - The street performance feel from the intro builds very nicely. You've moved me from an 'uh-oh, what the hell' to 'this is pretty coo'l in fine order. The hick inflection works well with what I'm assuming is a book of revelations lyric in this song. It maybe is a tad long as the dynamic doesn't change a ton once you get the drums in there.

Lichen Throat - The intro guitar sounds midi to me (which is fine, I think it works well.) The timing in the vocal is much better here than in some of your previous entries. It's still a little too obviously pitchy to be described as a strong vocal, but it's not a terrible effort. Kudos for the improvement. I do enjoy this song.

Paco - There's not much here that I don't like. The harmony vocals stand out as a nice touch. But there's also not a lot that really draws me in for some reason. I think this is a solid entry in the fight that just doesn't quite stand out.

Pigfarmer Jr -(me) Listening back this has some pacing problems. The lead at the end also suffers from a broken tuner. (I've bought two more this week to have spares in the music room.)

Pork Producer - (also me) I like this song. I apologize to everyone who doesn't like one take, room recording G&G songs. But I thought this was a better song that suffered from a lack of practice, arrangement and time... so I sent it in anyway.

Third Cat- Vocals are buried a little bit (masked) but not terribly so. I kind of like the beatles-esque vocal melody touches (the arc is cool on the climbing and resolving melody bits.) I enjoyed listening, but I was expecting a stronger/harder section at some point. I like the dynamic change at the very end, and it might be my personal taste, but hitting it harder at some point would have made it feel right for me.

Vom Vorton - I was looking forward to hearing this since you posted the lyric. There is an element of whimsy in that lyric that just keeps me smiling throughout. And I think the melody works well with it. This probably isn't one of your best written songs or best arrangements (from a purely technical point of view.) But it's one I like quite a bit. I keep hearing a live rock version of this that would be fun to play and sing.

vowlvom
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, keys, "other"
Recording Method: PC, reaper, ableton
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, Vom Vorton

Post by vowlvom »

I burned these songs onto a CD for the car and so I have listened to them each one million times BUT for once I am not listening as I review. I am not sure how this will affect anything.

Berkeley Social Scene - this is another solid BSS song but (and this probably isn't entirely fair) I couldn't help resenting it slightly for not being quite as good as last fight's BSS song. I like the (e-bow?) solo, vocals are good, lyrics are fine, it just doesn't quite have that bit of magic to lift it over the edge.

Far North Daylight - I really love this one. I went back to see my comments on the previous Far North Daylight track and I found it a bit too sparse, this one still has that acoustic lightness but that cool slightly dissonant reverby electric (?) stuff adds so much, and the vocals and lyrics are very strong. It kinda reminds me of Sonic Youth somehow despite not really sounding like Sonic Youth.

Hoblit - this one is fun but I got a bit tired of it after repeated listens. The street preacher quoting verse is a neat take on the title but I wish you'd customised the verse to fit the rhythm of the song or something so it felt a little more integrated into the track. I like the general sound though, especially the roomy drums which I always enjoy. On a personal note, damn you for including those horn sound effects because I kept thinking it was other motorists for the first two or three listens, haha.

Lichen Throat - the real guitar adds so much to this, it feels way more dynamic and spacious. But even more so the vastly improved vocal timing makes this top-tier Lichen Throat to me and I enjoyed it very much. I'm not sure the lyrics are your best work (they're fine but you set a high bar) but everything else is great. I kinda wish the instrumental section with the cowbell (?) went on longer as that sounds really interesting. Also I love how the chorus guitar riff sounds so perfectly Lichen Throat, and the chorus itself was the thing from this batch of songs that got stuck in my head.

Paco del Stinko - really love this one too, it's a massive pile-up of hooks and different sections that continued to impress me across many listens. Killer backing vocals, great guitar tone, probably my favourite lyrics from this fight - one of my favourite songs I've heard from you.

Pigfarmer Jr. - lush guitar sound this week, new strings? This generally has a winning sound to it but I also found the lyrics quite offputting even though they express a sentiment that is hard to argue with and I'm struggling to express why that is. The lead guitar at the end definitely feels like an afterthought.

Pork Producer - definitely the better of the two songs despite the stripped-down recording. Excellent guitar work and the lyric is intriguing to me even though I don't fully get what you're singing about.

Third Cat - even after listening to this five or six times I feel like I haven't quite figured it out, but I mean that in a good way - there are lots of unusual choices here and I feel like it's still in the process of growing on me.

Vom Vorton - I had fun with this lyric, I don't think the music is 100% successful but I'm still pretty happy with this. As per Third Cat's comment I was aiming for a slightly sparser sound than usual (thanks for the kind words!) but I kinda wish I'd thrown some synths in there maybe.

Excellent fight, Far North Daylight and Paco would both be on my imaginary best-songs-since-I've-been-entering list and very much enjoyed Third Cat and Lichen Throat's tracks too.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Hoblit - this one is fun but I got a bit tired of it after repeated listens. The street preacher quoting verse is a neat take on the title but I wish you'd customised the verse to fit the rhythm of the song or something so it felt a little more integrated into the track. I like the general sound though, especially the roomy drums which I always enjoy. On a personal note, damn you for including those horn sound effects because I kept thinking it was other motorists for the first two or three listens, haha.

This was my fear. I tried to bring things in and out to help keep it from droning. But I recognize this criticism as it is in line with my own. I didn't want a 'chorus' or bridge... but I was hoping that I could create dymanics in other ways and didn't quite get it right. Maybe an electric guitar somewhere to phase in and out against the other instruments. The horns were a nice touch eh? Made it realistic! (Note, if you were to listen to it again, you may find that it happens around the mention of horns a couple of times)

But here is where I want to confess something that will make more sense out of the cadence of the song. I actually sampled myself. I read Revelation 13 for a Halloween project and decided it had a home in this week's theme. So I was trying to integrate the verse to the drums by integrate the drums to the verse. So I actually played the drums TO the reading. It's not perfect and maybe I missed the mark as your ears were not fooled.

Hoblit - The street performance feel from the intro builds very nicely. You've moved me from an 'uh-oh, what the hell' to 'this is pretty coo'l in fine order. The hick inflection works well with what I'm assuming is a book of revelations lyric in this song. It maybe is a tad long as the dynamic doesn't change a ton once you get the drums in there.

As noted above, I agree with the dynamics not moving enough. I appreciate the 'hick' inflection comment. I've spent a lot of my life trying to keep from having a full on southern accent, maybe even more now that I've moved to Charlotte, NC. So it comes natural to me and I found a good use for it this time around. But THANK YOU @ Street performance feel comment. This is what I was going for to some degree.

Hoblit: I like the idea, I think when I'm in the right mood this could really hit me just right. Some pretty cool stuff going on instrumentally. Nice bass. Kinda tuned the ranting out, similar to how I do when I hear one of these street preachers in real life.

Yeah, I wanted the preacher to be strong, but the music to be as strong. I didn't want it to come off 'preachy' for real. I just like that chapter and felt it would convey the feel of what I was doing and be 'cool' enough to not be making fun of it either. Thanks for your comments, especially at the bass. That was to keep a groove throughout the entire thing so it had to be focused on...it had to work, it had to be good. So for someone to notice my intention there is nice.

Many thanks to all of you for your time and listen. I do appreciate it.

I will be posting my reviews after a couple more listenings, today or tomorrow.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Berkeley Social Scene
Great job on the vocals, Ken! There are some wonky chord changes at times and you navigated that well. I actually the synthy sound of the very tuned harmony vocals. I wish we'd had more time to work on having the dynamics come down in the bridge, I think what we did is fine the flow gets a little weird there.

Far North Daylight
I like the acoustic guitar playing. When the vocals come in, the singing and lyrics remind me of Ben Gibbard/Death Cab for Cutie in a good way. I kinda wish the acoustic was in stereo or that there were two tracks panned apart. The singing is good but there are occasional moments where the doubling isn't as tight as it could be, both in pitch and timing. Interesting chimy noise that comes in. I like the tone and the sort of chaotic noisiness of it, but maybe it's a bit loud or just resonating a bit forcefully in my headphones. Maybe some more reverb on that track would help with that.

Hoblit
Did you really recite this on the street? I hope so. I would have liked to hear some street chatter, maybe some people heckling the reciter. ;) I like the groove of the music. Maybe a tad long but a fun piece.

Lichen Throat
I am way prejudiced toward "real" instruments so for me your using an acoustic guitar is a big improvement. Your singing sounds nicely tuneful and musical to me in the verses. Not as much in the chorus unfortunately. In the chorus I don't really get how the vocal melody connects with the backing music, like they just seem to be to be in different keys or something. Nice shift to a minor key briefly there. I'd be curious how you record your vocals. Recording wise maybe you could back off your mic, stay like 6" away, use a pop filter if you aren't, and in your DAW, put a high pass EQ on your vocals to cut the low frequencies below like 120-150Hz, and put some/more reverb on the vocals so they sit and blend better with the instruments. You're voice and style remind me of Stephin Merritt, singing wise, could be a good influence for how to use a voice like yours to good effect.

Paco del Stinko
Nice to hear you experimenting and trying some new stuff. I feel like you've got a more indie rock jangly vibe going here than the usual balls out rock, and it's cool. Really nice dynamic changes, I love the soft sparkly moments. I think your vocals could come up in the mix (especially the backups), and the bass could maybe be quieter, or maybe have less bass or something. It's a little farty sounding. This song is a fun ride though, I really like it. Good late in the song changeup. Just overall great job keeping things flowing and changing and interesting.

Pigfarmer Jr / Pork Producer Jr
Good on you for managing to get two songs done, and thanks for using different band names. I like both of these but I actually like the g'n'g song a lot more. Real sweet playing on that one and I think it's one of those times where g'n'g is all you need because the song is solid. The band song felt a little loose in a way that I didn't love and I felt like your vocals there seemed strained in a way that they don't in the g'n'g song.

Third Cat
I dig the instrumentation and the way the synth bass fades in, and the panning of the instruments. I wish the lead vocals were louder and clearer in the mix. I think the high end of the drum track is covering them up a bit, your hihat sounds are maybe too loud. I feel like structurally it doesn't really feel to me like it goes anywhere, so even though I'm enjoying the music and the different parts, overall it's kind of washing over me. A longer and quieter pause between the first "chorus" and the second "verse" (the "Doctor Flavor" line) would have been nice to break things up. Same after the second chorus and the outro. I like the outro a lot and think it could have repeated more actually, especially if there were some instrumental development through it. Anyway, I liked it, I really liked the lyrics.

Vom Vorton
I enjoy the call and response vocals, the response vocals sound good. Nice vocal part arrangement and panning overall. Digging the lyrics. I like the staccato guitar/bass riff intro thing that precedes the verse vocals, though I wish it had more impact and was more percussive (doubling the guitar part and panning the two tracks apart could be cool). I think the tambo through that part is actually kind of distracting. In fact I'm not loving the tambo overall, I think it's too loud and/or happening too often. I think I'd have done the opposite with it and only used it in the chorus versus dropping out there. Whatever that weird clicky poppy percussive noise (I don't think it's the claps but something else?) is in the pre-chorus isn't really working for me either. I think it could use a moment where the it goes bigger for a bit than the ends of the choruses, like maybe at the end of the bridge get real big/loud or something. Overall very good though.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Hoblit
Did you really recite this on the street? I hope so. I would have liked to hear some street chatter, maybe some people heckling the reciter. ;) I like the groove of the music. Maybe a tad long but a fun piece.

Ha, I'm glad it sounded as realistic.

I will tell you that while i did this in my studio, I did it in a manner in which I wanted it to sound real. So instead of one vocal mic right up on my loud mouth, I opted to go with two condenser mics from above me instead. This made it easier to read anyway. So I got an outside left / right natural feel to it and apparently it worked enough for you to be left wondering.

I thought about hecklers and more voices, even experimented a little with more mumbling. So yeah, good idea. The problem here is classic in that maybe if I had more time I could have worked something out with that but everything I tried wasn't right and mostly just distracting. So I left that out. The rest of the atmosphere stuff you hear are just samples though.

Thanks for the listen and the kind words about the groove...the song was about that groove. (Was going for a Check Your Head vibe there...maybe throw in some 90s sublime/sugar ray acoustic stuff...)
Last edited by Hoblit on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
vowlvom
Ice Cream Man

Post by vowlvom »

Lunkhead wrote: Vom Vorton
Whatever that weird clicky poppy percussive noise (I don't think it's the claps but something else?) is in the pre-chorus isn't really working for me either.
It's the effected drum loop from the intro coming back in. A classic example of "this section isn't quite working but I'm out of time so I'll just throw some more stuff in there and hope for the best", I'm afraid. I know what you mean about the tambourine, think I should have toned that down a bit. Thanks for the comments!
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Berkley Social Scene: This was one of the most well structured and produced songs of the week. And I like some of the instrumentation choices. Especially the walking guitar part against the bass. I'm even a fan of how more energetic the song is than the vocal delivery. There are a couple of metal / grunge bands that do this every once and a while. A solid entry as always.

Far North Daylight:
I can appreciate what you're doing here. It may suffer a bit from the time constraints because to my ears it sounds like you're demoing an idea for a song or an album. Put together roughly but the spirit of the idea you are trying to convey lives. I particularly like the acoustic guitar intensity with the splash of effected electric instruments. Creates a nice atmosphere. Good entry and while it took a couple of listens, it definitely grew on me.

Hoblit:
This is Revelation 13 read for a Halloween project. I basically sampled myself from a few weeks ago when I saw the fitting title. While the Ybor City preacher fella' that I'm sort of basing this on (as well as every city's version of him), doesn't necessarily have a southern accent, I pulled that out of my own experience visiting churches, growing up in Georgia for a little effect. I recorded the drums to the reading as best I could so that it wouldn't be too much faster or slower. So don't test those drums to a metrodome and it made playing the other instruments to it even more difficult. But I didn't want it to sound perfect anyway. I wanted it to sound like a street band with a fuzzy bass speaker. Well, there you have it.

Lichen Throat: This is a little discombobulated. I like the idea of the intro although I think it would have needed to be a bit faster to get that Simon & Garfunkle / NYC folk sound you seem to be going for. In fact, to me this is NYC all the way ... if that's what you were going for. A cross between S&G and Lou Reed. Maybe we'll get a chance to see you perform this one live one day.

Paco Del Stinko: This is one of my favorites this week. (My wife Robin, liked it too.) Well structured and produced but most of all, catchy and solid with content. I get the feeling you really wanted to capture the listener's ear and when the vocals aren't trying to tell the story, the instruments along with the dynamics do. I'm voting for this one. I'm going to toss this one into my collection so that it comes up in my personal mixes. Good performance, execution is spot on and it's just a solid song all around. Thank you for this.

Pig Farmer Jr: (You) I kind of like this. It is a little loose but your guitar sounds beautiful. Maybe it should ring like that. So I'll take this as a street performance based on the boy & his guitar style performance. (In fact, I sort of thing the electric in there is a bit intrusive.) The story seems to tie in but again, a bit loose. A decent entry and it is well played.

Pig Producer Jr: (Also You) This one reminds me of a couple folk artists out there today. This would rank right among them so kudos. I'd listen to this right along side my favorites like Jason Isbell although I feel this is more Tim Barry but that's not a bad thing either. Great song and I'm tossing this into my collection and giving this one a vote as well.

Third Cat: I appreciate the work you've put into this but it's not quite my thing. I still want to compliment the effort because I do hear good things. The overall structure is nice and the music is put together fairly well. I even like the ringy-candy-guitar that runs through most of it. Good entry.

Vom Vorton: This is another one that both my wife and I really liked. I love how well put together this is despite how loose you managed to keep it. Poetry in itself? I like the story/lycis and the catchy 'poetry in the streets' hook. I really love the guitar chord choices and how it moves around and the rhythm changes. It forces the listener to stop and listen, change gears and the fact that it's as entertaining as it is, keeps everyone along for that ride. I could listen to a whole album of this. The vocals are on the verge of being problematic but again, magically charming instead. Good song and I'll be voting this one and keeping a copy for myself.

In my opinion, there were no BAD songs this week. Some were tighter than others, some were performed better than others, but each had it's own unique way of being listenable. Good work everybody!
Chumpy
Twilight Sparkle
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, bass
Recording Method: Logic
Submitting as: Jerkatorium, Chumpy

Post by Chumpy »

Podcast time! We're back for the Poetry in the Streets fight, and we're joined again by our pal Brian.

There are a few ways you can listen to it:
Send your expressions of luuuuv to: feedback@twojerksonevote.com.

Here are all the time points so you can jump to your favorite artists:
  • 00:00 - Intro song
  • 01:07 - Beginning-of-podcast yammering
  • 03:28 - Berkeley Social Scene
  • 07:59 - Far North Daylight
  • 12:26 - Hoblit
  • 15:57 - Lichen Throat
  • 21:57 - Paco del Stinko
  • 25:40 - Pigfarmer Jr
  • 28:43 - Pork Producer Jr
  • 34:51 - Third Cat
  • 37:59 - Vom Vorton
  • 42:57 - End-of-podcast yammering
Enjoy!
"I don't recommend ending on a bad joke." --ken
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Yay podcast! I enjoyed that, thanks.

(That's me doing the soloing in the final chorus in the BSS song, fyi.)
vowlvom
Ice Cream Man

Post by vowlvom »

Another enjoyable one! I think the weird percussion you reference must be the distorted drum loop thing I mentioned above. Guess that didn't really work out!
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Enjoyed listening through the whole podcast. Thank you for reviewing both songs fully.

For the record, not that anyone cares, the Pork Producer song was a last minute write with little to no time to spare in order to submit.

lichenthroat
Mean Street
Recording Method: MuseScore & Ardour or Reaper
Submitting as: Lichen Throat, Dimetrodon, Sparetooth, Dessert Tortoise

Post by lichenthroat »

I apologize for the late reviews. Lots of traveling, etc. I’ve slept in three time zones this week.

Berkeley Social Scene—Nothing wrong with this song, but it doesn’t seize my interest. I think a more energetic percussion arrangement might have been desirable. The guitar playing is very good, as is the mix.

Far North Daylight—I like the foreboding, yet somehow gentle, atmosphere. The vocal melody is not particularly interesting, especially in the verses. I like the instrumental sections, but the one at the end goes on a little too long. Overall, though, this is a good song; it feels like a lot of thought and creativity went into it.

Hoblit—Except for the fact that you’re reading Revelation, this sounds like a beat poet coffee house spoken word performance. I think your execution here is pretty good. I was amused by the opportunely timed car horns. The track goes on for a while after the idea seems to have been fully explored. I actually sort of enjoyed this, repeatedly, which is not something I would have necessarily expected.

Lichen Throat (me)—My first time playing a guitar; I think it sounds okay given my complete lack of previous experience, but all of everyone’s technical criticisms are valid. The kind words and encouragement are very much appreciated. Since I didn’t know what I was doing with the guitar, I tried to keep the music simple this time. Lyrically, my idea was to explore the linkage between poetry and music by combining historical poets (and bits of their poetry) with street names that appear in various contemporary songs. I’m not sure that this was adequately apparent.

Paco del Stinko—I’ve liked this a little more every time I’ve heard it. It’s well crafted. Not a lot of things stood out for me to comment about, but I certainly don’t have any complaints. Nice work.

Pigfarmer Jr.—It’s hard to pull of a song like this non-ironically, but I think you did it here. The overall tone is great. I feel like you’ve had a notable step up in quality over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re doing, keep it up.

Pork Producer Jr.—This is pretty good for a song that was, based on your own commentary, quite rushed. Both your voice and guitar sound good. I like the solo.

Third Cat—I’m not sure I understand the concept and intent of this song. I do like the jangly guitar in the left ear, however. This is another one that gets better on repeated listens. Somehow makes me think of a fun night out in 1960s London; no idea if that’s what you had in mind.

Vom Vorton—This is my favorite this week, by quite a bit. The lyrics are clever and fun (yes, I noticed the haiku right away), and the thrumming bass ties everything together. The change in melody in the “When two yellow lines...” line is just perfect.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

It's a tie! Paco and Vom win. Congrats!
vowlvom
Ice Cream Man

Post by vowlvom »

Yey! I'm in good company there, Paco's song rules.