Gibson Les Paul Studio Monitors

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Gibson Les Paul Studio Monitors

Post by ken »

I thought this would be an April Fool's joke, but it seems to be a real thing:

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Pro-Audio/2015.aspx

Les Paul Reference Monitors – their story

Gibson Brands, Inc. continues to honor the roots of Les Paul, who first pioneered the solid-body electric guitar and multi-track recording. The sound engineer, the producer, the musician, or the fan who loves a great listening experience, all share one dream: to have a reliable reference speaker that they trust and enjoy in the studio or at home.

With high expertise in musical instruments, speaker systems and recording, Gibson Brands created a line of monitors that satisfy the needs of true audio professionals and music enthusiasts alike. These monitors represent a new level of performance, allowing to make easy mixing decisions and were made to become the personal reference whether you are recording, mixing, producing or simply listening to your music.

The monitors combine superior definition with the iconic Les Paul styling and utilize exceptional materials including diamond-like carbon-coated titanium tweeters, non-woven carbon woofers, and custom-made amplification to ensure ultra-clean transient impulse response and large headroom. The Les Paul Reference Monitors are available in three different sizes and multiple color variations such as cherry, cherry burst and tobacco burst.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Gibson Les Paul Studio Monitors

Post by fluffy »

I'm not sure why that would be an April Fool's joke - it's a gimmicky cash-in on a respected brand, styled to look like the thing that the brand is actually popular for.

Given the specs and price, I'm expecting the price breakdown to be $150 for the innards and $350 for the logo and wood grain.