Fringe

Blab about the Boob Tube.
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Fringe

Post by king_arthur »

Watched this last night, but dozed off a time or two, so watched it on the internet again today, made more sense. I guess I expected it to be a lot weirder than it was, although I liked the Walter Bishop character. Needed to be a bit more like that Lone Gunmen show, IMHO. Presumably each week they'll use some sort of "fringe science" to stop some bad stuff from happening.

Umm, give the first episode a B. Needs more cow.

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Fringe

Post by JonPorobil »

I thought the pilot was needlessly complicated, but had its moments, and the ending hooked me, so I'll probably at least watch the next one. I think the show in general needs to establish and follow a premise (dare I say, a formula) if it's going to be successful.

At least, successful in my eyes. It's a JJ Abrams project, so it'll on until he's ready to end it. :)
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Fringe

Post by JonPorobil »

Wow, what a finale. I'm glad this got renewed. Did anyone else keep up with this show during its first season?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages