New Players stand up and be counted.
supremeedible
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, but will attempt anything
Recording Method: Firepod + Audacity FTW
Submitting as: Gooey Caramel Centaur

Kia ora!

Post by supremeedible »

G'day guys. It seems to be the done thing in these parts to introduce oneself, so that I am doing.

I greet you from New Zealand, where I have lived for the twenty years that have been my life so far. I have been writing songs for half of them, for some value of "writing". I have an acoustic trio called Fossilized whom I have been with all this time, and we have produced a few homemade CDs, but I have not been the man doing the technical setup and the mixing and such. So I've decided to get my own gear and see if I can learn.

I'd also, of course, like to hone my songwriting skills, and SongFighting will get me in the habit of actually finishing things I start (I have a folder of 67 half-written songs on my computer from the last few years). I'm undecided as to what name to fight under, but it'll probably be "Gooey Caramel Centaur", which gets my blog as its single google hit, which is useful.

I've been lurking, or at least have known about SongFight, for a good while now. I first discovered it by googling MC Frontalot, whose song "It Is Pitch Dark" a friend played me at a LAN. Since then I have become particularly addicted to Jefff's music.

I've never actually listened to a whole fight worth of songs, but I figured the least I could do is do this while I'm fighting and give my vote to the best person who's not me.

Anyway, all this to say, Hey!
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Re: Kia ora!

Post by Eric Y. »

Hey.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

well, now you can vote for multiple people that aren't you, or even also are you if you roll that way.
also, say hi to caravan ray who lives in the same country as you (for now).
welcome. obligatory: please be awesome.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Kia ora, bro

Where in Godzone are you?
supremeedible
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by supremeedible »

Good evening, my fellow countryman. I hail (or, on the odd occasion, am hailed on) from Wellington.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

supremeedible wrote:Good evening, my fellow countryman.
Steady on there mate! 2nd post and you're already insulting people. :wink: No - I am from the big island across the ditch. Been living in New Plymouth for the past year. Though due to move back to sunny Queensland in the near future.
supremeedible wrote:I hail (or, on the odd occasion, am hailed on) from Wellington.
And a very fine city that is too. Don't know if I could handle the wind and rain full time - but it is a great place to visit.

Welcome to Songfight. Please be awesome as. Shall we be hearing the "Wellington dub" sound?
supremeedible
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by supremeedible »

You may very well, but I will not be the one producing it. The sound I will be producing is more "pop" than anything else.