The Apprentice

Blab about the Boob Tube.
c hack
Panama

The Apprentice

Post by c hack »

WHO will get fired this week? Will it be the annoying MARIA? Probably. Or the also-annoying RAJ? Maybe. Or the annoying asian chick whose name I FORGOT? Likely. Will it be the brilliant hottie JENNIFER? Unlikely. Or the level-headed KEVIN who showed his BADASS side when he bitch-slapped Elizabeth last week? Probably not, but only TIME will TELL!

WILL I be wasting an hour tonight at 9 when I could be working on next week's song? Most certainly YES! WHY am I even watching this show? I don't fucking KNOW!

WATCH watch tch... THE APPRENTICE pprentice ice... TO FIND OUT out ut...

My prediction is: Maria.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

I kinda watch this show. I can describe them well enough by their differentiating characteristics for the most part (Bowtie Guy, Boyhair Girl, Annoying Short Lawyer, Unhelpful Asian Girl) but wouldn't be able to name more than one of them. Maybe.

Like any other reality game show, they pick about 1/4 who have a good chance of winning, 1/4 who have no chance in hell of winning, and 1/2 people who are really good at fucking shit up. What is interesting is how many people on this show are just unlikable, I really hate almost all of them. Okay, the black dude is cool, and the blonde dude is cool too, in that they both seem to know how to put their personality aside in order to get people to listen to them, a trait which seems necessary to lead and a trait which would be useful to someone who was, I don't know, going to "run a company" for a many with a follicly anomalous hairstyle.

I think that an interesting idea would be to have a season of people doing the same tasks with more normal people competing along the kind they get to be on the show. Get regular people, not just the "Type A-hole" personalities that are on The Apprentice.
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sober »

I do not watch this program.
🤠
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

Well thank God that's been cleared up.

In other news, I bought a cup of coffee today.
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

Everyone across the board in the live broadcast is saying the they would choose Kelly.

If Trump picks Jen, I will suspect he is a robot being controlled by Diebold.
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

I almost thought he was going to pick her in that last debate.

Man, 3 hours was way too much. I had to cut out after 2. That wasn't part of the deal, Trump! THAT WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL!
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

The thing that really irks me about this is the whole "hail to the chief" bullshit. I respect a boss who does need his boots licked. Thus, I have no respect for Mr. Combover.

Jen: Super hot, doesn 't know when to turn of the lawyer though, and that's what ultimately killed her... she could represent me anytime though!

Kelly: He's got a girl's name, and he was in the military???? hmmm..... I bet he'll do a great job.. he has a no nonsense style.

I only watched the finale, I saw not a one episode. Seems like I got the feel for the season though. How about the O'jays screwing up there tune eh? Sucks to be them!
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

i watched maybe five minutes of this show and had to turn it off. the blonde bimbo from san francisco, with her annoying shill whine and inability to accept any blame but fully willing to take all the credit. the guy just kind of sat there accepting her abuse for the most part but then human nature got the best of him and he turned into a crybaby fingerpointer too. and trump's 2 chief minions are really no better. but the donald just makes me cringe. that man is just plain creepy. that bad hair....jesus....

this show is the most narcissistic, annoying show on tv. maybe worse than the bachelor even.
Hi!
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

jack shite wrote:this show is the most narcissistic, annoying show on tv.
Also apparently one of the most deceptive: the whole "Chris Webber backs out at the last minute" thing never really happened.

I felt bad for that Matthew guy, Trump's COO, who totally froze when Regis interviewed him. That's reality, baby!
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

15-16: Boyhair Girl would be an awesome song title.

And I've never seen this show. At the risk of sounding snotty, shows like this are why I don't have TV.
Well, I have a television, but there's just a PS2 and a DVD player hooked up to it. No cable or anything like that.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

donald trump has become the white version of don king.
Hi!
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

jack shite wrote:and trump's 2 chief minions are really no better.
Caroline is hot.
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

Carolina is hot.
Let cake eat them.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Oh Carolina ...
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

I was actually thinking of this ...

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/ ... 7D0012F6EC

But yours is probably more acceptable culturally ;)

j$
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

[SPOILERS]

For those keeping score, the Bob's Big Boy Napoleon Complex guy was all "IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT NO ONE IS LISTENING TO ME OR RESPONDING TO MY BAD LEADERSHIP SKILLS" and then the Vince Vaughan guy was all "Dude, seriously you need to chill out because you are waaaaay too abrasive," and then BBBNC goes "SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP I AM SO NOT GOING TO GET FIRED" and then they go to the boardroom and BBBNC gets asked "Should I fire you?" and BBBNC says "Yes, you should fire me." And then he gets fired. WTF

[/SPOILERS]