SpinTunes online songwriting contest subforum
BoffoYux
Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

ST21 - Meet the Contestants!

Post by BoffoYux »

+ Tommy G Note: 42 Artists! Plan on a few hours for the Listening Party Monday evening!
+ Band links are on the ST webpage - I couldn't import 100 of them. https://spintunescontest.blogspot.com/2 ... ants.html+

The sign-up deadline has passed, and our SpinTunes 21 contestants have received their first challenge. Who are the forty-two talented artists and bands eager to vie for the title of SpinTunes 21 Champion? Continue reading to meet them!

Berkeley Social Scene
Berkeley California, sweet guitars, sweet bass, sweet drums, bitter pills.

Bob Barton

Boffo Yux Dudes
We're back to astound and amuse you for SpinTunes #21! Al, Tommy G, Scott and our various comrades will attempt to amuse you while being true to our Dr. Demento like, devil may care attitude about current affairs and processed cheese spreads.
Once again, if anyone posts an email to us at boffoyux at gmail.com, we will send you something interesting audiowise if you use the subject line 'Again? You stiffed us the last time'. Maybe I'll send 2 things if we did stiff you. Then again...

Boo Lee Crosser
I’m trying this for the first time. I hope I do a good job. I really like writing songs and playing music.

Brain Weasels
Brain Weasels is twice Spintunes competitor Joy Sitler and newcomer Elai Rose. Their music is mostly acoustic mostly pop punk and they tend to write about mental health and their disdain for capitalism. During this competition they will be releasing their debut EP, Always On My Mind, and also going on a five day tour. Wish them luck!

Braylee Pierce

Brian Gray
Yes, band/artist is bio. No androids here.

Cavedwellers
Cavedwellers, fancier than most troglodytes.

chewmeupspitmeout
Regular Fawmer and Nur Einer from Kent in England and this is my third crack at Spintunes. My boss left just as ST20 started, so I struggled with time pressures. Five months later and I'm still doing two people's jobs (plus it's festival season!), so hopefully ST21 will be better on that front. Also known as The Serviettes and sailingmagpie.

Emperor Gum
Multi-instrumental chamber rock which has been described as 'interesting'. Somewhat between projects at the moment but there's unfinished business with SpinTunes so back at it again. Expect clarinets.

Eric Novak
Eric lives in New York and plays bass with Lucky Witch & the Righteous Ghost under the nom de band Ol’ Scratch. He also likes to act.

Frédéric Gagné
I make various sorts of music, but I don't write songs often, so let's see how this turns out!

Gina Fant-Simon
I’m a Pro Tools geek and spent most of my career starting in the early 90’s recording, engineering, producing and cowriting in NYC where I opened my first studio, Blue World Music. During those years, I went from a room recording demos in my tiny west village apartment to a real 2,000 sq ft studio in Chelsea. I moved my studio to Austin, Texas in 98 and opened the first Pro Tools studio with a SSL console and became a pioneer helping convert a staunch analog town into a cutting edge recording community. During these years I had the incredible honor to work with artists like Sting, U2, Shawn Colvin, Jimmie Vaughan, etc… I sold my SSL in 2007 to start a music software company called eSEssion.com. - After eSession ended in 2014, I took a long hiatus from professional music and went into investing and owning commercial real estate. In 2019, I renovated my studio and started doing multimedia for Texas politics; video ads, social media ads, websites, candidate promotional materials etc… I finally found my way back home to writing and producing music this past February when I did FAWM. Now, I’m back in full swing and hope to be a contender for SpinTunes. I look forward to meeting other writers and hearing and being inspired by their work.

glennny
Sings like a guitarist, plays bass like a guitarist, produces like a guitarist, guitar solos like a drummer.

Governing Dynamics
Wall of fuzz(y sadness).

Hanky Code
Half Jerkatorium, half Matchy Matchy, half All the Robots.

Hot Pink Halo
Most difficult Spintunes challenge completed to date: Round 1, Spintunes 17. Pleasure to Meet You; introduce yourself with a song.
Favourite Spintunes song completed to date: Round 1, Spintunes 17. Pleasure to Meet You; introduce yourself with a song.

iveg
Inflatable Vegetables was supposed to be a rotating group of friends who wrote and played fun music together. That was the dream. This is the reality.

Jealous Brother
Jealous Brother is an original rock & roll band based in Southern Minnesota. They have played music together since 2007 under the band names "Jailhouse Payback", "Jailhouse Playback" "Jailhouse Paycheck" and "Do we HAVE to pay them?" They have not performed as a punk band under the name "Wrongful Death Attorneys", but they should. They play mostly what is referred to as "Americana." They do not want to be "limited" by genre, because they are already limited by talent and mediocre at best stage presence. They are inspired by other Minnesota acts like The Jayhawks, Bob Mould, Husker Du, the Replacement, Prince, Semisonic, Soul Asylum and well known Minnesotans Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones. They enjoy playing gigs and really don't enjoy it when the venues don't call back, which is most of the time. They are represented by their agent, Melissa.

Jeff Walker
Urban hillbilly singer-songwriter type from Tampa, Florida, driving mostly in the Country/Americana lane, but known to drift across the white lines on occasion.

Jim Tyrrell
Songwriter/musician from New Hampshire USA.

Jocko Homomorphism
Jocko Homomorphism is an hobby musician who loves experimentalism, synthesizers, and mathematics. She's busy with some exciting personal changes right now, and she hopes to shadow by round 3.

Lucky Witch & the Righteous Ghost
Serving up sparklegrunge since 2017.

Mandrake

hi i make weird music sometimes and now im here to try to make weird music consistently

Night Sky
Night Sky is Sally on lyrics, Steve on drums, and Matt on the other stuff. We like to tell stories amidst funky grooves and objectively too many saxophones. Night Sky started with Song Fight entries in 2020 and competed in SpinTunes 17, 19, and 20.

nightingale's fiddle

NightWing
NewGrass guitarist and fiddler

Ominous Ride
I am not a musician, but I play one on SpinTunes.

Parsons
Parsons has done this enough times that they should probably have a bio prepared by now, but a lot has changed since their last foray into the Spintuniverse. Between dropping a first name, gaining a pronoun, and marrying and subsequently divorcing a husband within 8 months, Parsons is on a new kind of journey, seeking comfort and peace through music, one song at a time.

Phlub
I make the best music.

Pigfarmer Jr
Soon to be promoted to a journeyman pigfarmer if things go well.

Roman Numeral Orange
Roman Numeral Orange has been making music for 13 years. Self-taught in music and audio-production, their sounds are often strange, erratic, and eclectic. Hoping to bring some odd and subnormal songwriting to SpinTunes again, Roman Numeral Orange is excited to take part in this year's dizziness from all the spinnin'round.

Siebass
Vascillating between making weird and pop music since my first FAWM in 2017. Normal is boring anyway.

Sober
Sober has been foisting his twangy drivel upon the ears of the Songfight community for 20 years. He wasted his GI Bill money on an expensive dumb business degree. Now he narrates audiobooks, so way to go with that expensive dumb degree, Sober.
This will be his fifth time losing the SpinTunes competition. Last year he moved from Texas to Maine, where he lives in an early-1800's home that is aggressively falling apart.

Stacking Theory
It's turtles all the way down.....

Temnere
POWER METAL FROM OK

The Alleviators
An alluring synthesis of.. cool things. I don't know. We're doing our best.
Bandcamp

The Dutch Widows
The Dutch Widows is an increasingly baffling attempt to prove something to someone, but what and to who are not entirely clear. Will be staying away from heavy objects for the duration of ST21.

the pannacotta army
Spintunes 20 was my first shot at this shenanigans but I've done Songfight on and off for several years. I'm off on holiday in early September so round 1 may be my limit this time out.

The Popped Hearts
Pop Punk / Power Pop outfit in Boston. Currently a solo project despite my occasional efforts to build a band.

Tunes By LJ
Chicago based pop jazz guy. DBA Business Stuff on Spotify/socials

West Of Vine
Alt-Country / Roots Rock *** Boston via Cincinnati *** Three Chords & The Truth (Paul Pierce or Rhinegeist depending on the location)

https://spintunescontest.blogspot.com/2 ... tants.html