The Spirit of Song Fight!

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

The Spirit of Song Fight!

Post by jb »

blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Re: The Spirit of Song Fight!

Post by jb »

https://freshairarchive.org/segments/ad ... ollingwood
TERI GROSS: I want to play another recording from your first CD, and this is called, "She's Got a Problem." I think this is also a really good song. Would you say anything about writing it? Which of you wrote this one?

Mr. SCHLESINGER: I wrote it, although Chris had the title. And I kind of took the title and wrote a song around it. I mean, one thing that we did early on a lot was to just sit down and kind of throw out possible song titles, and then it was almost a game to see, you know, who could turn it into an actual song. So...

Mr. COLLINGWOOD: Yeah, we actually sat in a bar and wrote them on bar napkins. I don't know if you still have those, but there's...

Mr. SCHLESINGER: Yeah, I have a napkin with like...

Mr. COLLINGWOOD: ...these soggy napkins...

Mr. SCHLESINGER: Yeah, with like 50 possible titles, and most of the songs on our first album are on there somewhere. And then there's a bunch of really bad ones that we couldn't even bring ourselves to write. So yeah, I mean, "She's Got a Problem," funnily enough, was a song that I had sort of been working on a little bit. And when Chris suggested that title, I kind of grafted onto this idea that had, you know, rolling around.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: The Spirit of Song Fight!

Post by Lunkhead »

And then there's a bunch of really bad ones that we couldn't even bring ourselves to write
If only we get _those_ titles. :lol: