Firefox rocks!

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Firefox rocks!

Post by roymond »

Not sure if this has been covered. But the Firefox browser fricking rocks! Here are some plugins that I find totally indispensable, and work perfectly cross-platform. If you have any you really like, add them here.

<b>JustBlogIt</b> - lets me post to any of my blogs from within any other browser window, usually making entirely appropriate assumptions about what I want to capture from the page for the post. Awesome tool when used in conjuntion with Bloglines, etc.

<b>DictionarySearch</b> - facilitates right-click searches for highlighted text in any dictionary of choice (can configure multiple). But not just dictionaries, since you can configure up to four searches. I have Onelook (dictionary), Wikipedia, Google Maps, and Google Seach configured

<b>Wikipedia</b> - adds a whole suite of Wiki editing menu to the right mouse button for working within a Wiki.

<b>ForecastFox</b> - puts weather forecast icons in the info bar on the browser window (or anywhere you configure it).
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Ever so often it's covered...but it certainly bears repeating... notice how ad-bots all but disappear when using Firefox too!! And you can't beat tab browsing... I find that when I get on a pc without it, I take the time to install it, that's how much I like it...
tontothetablist
A New Player

Post by tontothetablist »

yeah firefox is badass. i like the download all feature too. it makes downloading samples or mp3 quite a bit quicker.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

For downloading, DownThemAll! is the shiz nit. I have a bunch of other plugins that are pretty nifty, but they're at home, so I'll post them later on.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

I just downloaded this browser and I'm excited to see if it blocks out all the crap on my new DSL connection as Leaf says it does. (Yey! Finally got the high speed at home, a topic for another day) Any other tips you guys have on making Firefox rock my world will be greatly appreciated. Kudo's and thanks to Roymond for bringing the link.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Tonamel
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Tonamel »

Extensions I can't live without:

Adblock - It blocks banner ads, what more could you ask for?

All-In-One Gestures - I love mouse gestures. I practically can't browse without them.

Paste and Go - Adds a "Paste and Go" feature to the address bar.

Add Bookmark Here - Great for keeping bookmarks organised

Tabbrowser Extensions/Tabbrowser prefrences - These add so much functionality to tabbed browsing, I can't believe they aren't default features.

I use a number of others (Show Image, Colorzilla, Chromedit, StumbleUpon, ieview, TinyURL creator, Linky, Foxytunes, FoxyVoice, and DownThemAll, if you care to know), but those are the ones I find absolutely essential if I'm using FireFox.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

it would be even cooler if people would linktify the extensions they love so much for the rest of us to easily d/l. Just a suggestion...

:)
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

TheHipCola wrote:it would be even cooler if people would linktify the extensions they love so much for the rest of us to easily d/l. Just a suggestion...
Well, you can find them at these and other sources:
Mozilla.org
and
MozDev.org
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

heh...yah, knew that...note the link to my contribution. No biggie, just a suggestion... I love it when people take the time to link to things they talk about. That is all. Not a contentious issue by any means.

:)
Tonamel
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Tonamel »

Yeah, the only one of mine that I don't think is on Mozilla's website is Tabbrowser Extensions, which I have now handily linked.
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

it seems as though there are some issues with this extension though..... atleast that is what they have posted on the site that you linked
Mostess
Panama
Instruments: Vocal, guitar, keyboard, clarinet
Recording Method: Ardour 5, JACK, Ubuntu
Submitting as: Hostess Mostess
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Mostess »

Don't forget "AniDisable" for dealing with the (ahem) eye-candy avatars of some of our more (ahem) creative posters.
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

Are you looking at me?
🤠