MantisBot joins the party

New Players stand up and be counted.
MantisBot
A New Player

MantisBot joins the party

Post by MantisBot »

So I heard about this site from a friend and thought it was worth checking out. I play the bass, sing, whistle, play didjeridoo, and am pretty decent with electronics. I'm hoping to get a song in for this week's fight actually, so I'll see how that goes. I'm working with an iBook G4, an Archos Gmini 120 (for portable recording:p), a standup bass, and me. Programs of choice for the moment are audacity, possibly some garage band (though I'd like to eventually get something better) and I'm able to video-tape things with my camcorder. I'd love to collaborate with people as well, so if I sound like someone you could use feel free to toss out a message. Good luck everybody!
I came, I saw, I licked a stamp! ... ph34r ...
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

Welcome Hoosier. WTF is that anyway? Who cares, sounds like you've got some equipment to work with. Don't rush things just to get in the fray. Put something good out there.

Again, welcome. I look forward to your first entry.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
MantisBot
A New Player

Post by MantisBot »

Well, I suppose my location is a little deceiving:p I'm actually from NYC, so sadly I can't tell you what a hoosier is. I've heard about a dozen explanations, most of which I can't remember. The only one that comes to mind is when people said "Who's there" when answering the door it sounded like "hoosier?"
I came, I saw, I licked a stamp! ... ph34r ...
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Welcome to Songfight! Please be awesome!