Organize yourselfs.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Science Fiction Project Reborn

Post by Niveous »

In the sidefight thread, J$ brought up my old science-fiction music project. And lately, I have been struggling with writing. All the fun of depression...can't always do the things ya love and get joy out of them. But I digress (because I talk enough about myself over at the Broken Monster thread). So, I got an idea. I may not be writing stories right now but I can still plot ideas that I enjoy (it's the followthrough that has been running into mental roadblocks) and I'm still writing music. And last year, I had really gotten into the idea of concept albums. I even wrote one called "Peyton Falls" which I hate with a passion and no one will ever hear.

So my idea is to bring all these things together. It would help me break out of my sci-fi writing rut, allow me to do more painting (it comes with writing sci-fi) and I will have fulfilled two of the projects that went by the wayside when everything started going by the wayside.

Where does collaboration come in? Well, I don't think that a guy and guitar album is what I want here. I think I want a whole band on it. Would anyone be interested in being a part of my band for this album?
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

Yes.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
stueym
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Cubase/Stenberg CI2+/Roland VG-99/RolandGR-55
Submitting as: stueym

Post by stueym »

While not the best guitarist on here, I'd be happy to help with any growling rythm guitar work you'd like, plus I can wind up the guitar synth for esoteric sounds if they suit. Certainly would not be insulted if you passed on me though :-)
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

And as always, count me in to supply whatever you think i can bring to it. Bass, keys, backing vocals, whatever you need, you got it.

j$
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Re: Science Fiction Project Reborn

Post by Eric Y. »

Niveous wrote:Would anyone be interested in being a part of my band for this album?
it should go without saying that you have a permanent offer from me to be a part of whatever project you happen to be working on. but just in case it doesn't go without saying, i'm saying.
obscurity
Mean Street
Instruments: Keyboards (88-note and qwerty), guitar, bass & edrums.
Recording Method: Pod X3 Live & Yamaha 01X -> Cubase 5 & Komplete 5
Submitting as: soon as I see a title that inspires me.

Post by obscurity »

As always, if I can be of use, just let me know what you want from me and I'll give it my best shot.
obscurity.

"Only the great masters of style ever succeed in being obscure." - Oscar Wilde.
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

Okay, I've got my band. Thanks everyone.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

Blog #1:

My mission with thsi project has been to strike while the iron's hot. I think that's a big problem that I have had with "Broken Monster". I wasn't pro-active enough. Not here. I have been working on this from the moment I announced it. Here's the progress so far:

Well, i have a band put together. No name for the band yet but I'm excited about the line-up. I'll be doing vocals. Guitar and Bass will be handled by two of my regular co-conspirators: Johnny Cahspoint and The Voice Inside Your Head. Then things get a lot of electronic with Obscurity handling Keys and Heuristics Inc as the resident Beatmaker. And Jute Gyte will be coming in at the end to do soundscaping and mixing. A lot of potential for interesting things there.

So I have been working on the project. I realized that I need a definite outline for the story to write good songs that make for a cohesive album. I wrote up an online and I was inspired enough to start fleshing out the online. Here's the outline:
The story is about a writer by the name of Isaiah who desires to make the great American novel. To do so he goes cross country following his dream. He finally writes his book and it's shunned. He thinks he's a failure and he falls into a deep depression as well as heavy drinking.

That is until he meets Adrian (tentative name). Adrian offers him a faustian deal. Adrian has a special book that if Isaiah writes in it his pain will go away. Isaiah agrees and writes his story in the book. When he's done, Adrian takes back the book and Isaiah fades out of this plane of existence.

When Isaiah returns, he finds the world he knew is now a war-torn dystopia, full of odd demonic creatures and superhumans. And at the head of this world is Adrian.

What Isaiah didn't know was Adrian is a fallen angel, thrust from heaven and down to earth (I'm big on the idea of Earth as purgatory...at least in fiction). So, Adrian upon his dismissal vowed revenge. That revenge came by creating his magic book. With his book, he could absorb human pain and turn it into energy. All he would have to do is find people who were suffering and get them to write in his book. People like the suicidial Isaiah. When Adrian had gathered enough power in his book, he unleashed it and got his greatest revenge- he had God's greatest creation, man, under his thumb.

What he didn't know was that unleashing the power of the book would also bring back all the people who faded from existence, including Isaiah. After incidents with the locals, Isaiah sees the conditions that people are living in and joins up with a rebellion group. The group plans to assassinate Adrian but fails miserably in their first attempt. The attempt may have failed but Adrian gets the idea that Adrian's power is rooted to the book and the rebellion switch gears and plan to steal the book.

The rebellion sneaks into Adrian's headquarters and despite a fight with Adrian's elite guard corps, they succeed in getting Adrian's book. Isaiah then tries to destroy the book, only to find out that he can only destroy the pages that he wrote. And he is left to find the other writers if he's ever to return the world back to the way it was.
I've been inspired on the song that correlates to the first chapter, a song called "Geiger Counter". So, I'll be looking for beats soon. I'm still trying to figure out what I want this album to sound like. I have a lot of musical influences right now.

And my friend Luna will be drawing art to go along with it. I'm excited.

-N. Devile
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

Blog #2

Strike when the iron is hot, huh. What was I thinking? Actually life came and smacked me around a bit. The recent death of my uncle, some illness running through my house and my landlord turning out to be an evil bitchmonster have all contributed to the stall but i'm feeling better and ready to jump back into this....almost.

Lately, my musical tastes have been scattered. I've been listening to everything from Jute Gyte to Interpol to Deadsy to underOATH to Flyleaf to a bunch of other stuff. I think I need to center on a sound I want. Plus I am a little apprehensive on the idea of writing a conmcept album. So what I'm doing right now is making a smaller album first. Call it a practice album. It'll help me hone my craft before I bring in the big guns.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

Things have been going well with this and hope to start making the music for this very soon.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

i can't wait. well technically i can, and will have to, but you know what i mean.