Tune in for the Darwin Awards (Natural Stupidity reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Tune in for the Darwin Awards (Natural Stupidity reviews)

Post by fluffy »

I never even know what my own lyrics are about until I’ve had a chance to think about them for a while.
mo
Mean Street
Instruments: guitar, bass, synth
Recording Method: Reaper 4eva
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks
Pronouns: he/him

Post by mo »

Yeah I feel like a lot of my favorite lyrics have been at least a little bit oblique
Economy Biscuits
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Synth, drums (programmed)
Recording Method: Reaper, Bias FX, EZDrummer, etc.
Submitting as: The Economy Biscuits
Pronouns: yes

Post by Economy Biscuits »

Didn't submit but I love listening between fits of 9-5, family stuff. There wasn't a ton so I figured I'd try to pass a few good vibes in anticipation of submitting next week.

SynthiaLvr69
Arpeggiating synths? Power chords? I'm in. This is really well done. Great songwriting, great story in the lyrics and just generally great. I don't log in enough to know who's who but this is very professional sounding - like really good. I gave two votes and this was one. You're a great song writer.

Ellipsis
Yes. This is my comfort food. Big booming drums, huge guitars, crushing bass. Great riff. Dig the vocals. Chugs along nicely and had me slowly headbanging in my ergonomic chair.

WreckdoM
As a soundscape, there's some great stuff going on. Is there a backstory with the vocals? I see there are comments in the forum but I'm specifically curious about your artistic vision for this piece. I assume everything is there for a reason - what's yours? I also get wanting to move on from the conversation so no worries.
Food for thought - curse words and descriptions of gentitals are going to turn some people off before they get a chance to absorb what is otherwise a well-mixed collection of some cool sounding guitars adn what not. That said, I'm just a weirdo on the internet so take that with a grain of salt. Most of my submissions don't sound as good as this and d my genre of choice isnjty everyone's cup of tea. In ten years of sporadic submissions, I accept my workflow, production and genre wont win my any songfights but that's OK too. I listned to your song three times for what it's worth.
This, to me, is the coolest part of songfight - know there are folks out there taking the time to listen and provide feedback.
I think you did something different and maybe even took a risk submitting this song. For that alone I'm giving it a vote. Never apologize for doing what you dig and keep doing you \m/

Johnny Cashpoint
Timely lyrics. Love the juxtoposition of the optomistic music against the seething lyrical content. I feel you, bro.

Paco del Stinko
I almost started dancing when this popped off. Great bass line and great mixing. That bass kept me steady rocking begining to end. Love the energy.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

SynthiaLvr69 wins! Close one!
mo
Mean Street
Instruments: guitar, bass, synth
Recording Method: Reaper 4eva
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks

Post by mo »

Congrats Synthia!