. 45lbs We recommend Express Service
Hi!
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

I honestly can't stand poutine. I used to like it, but the cheesestuff is just bugging me. My favorite Canadian food place is Tim Hortons. Mmm Mmm Mmm.

On the topic of Canadian politics, I think it's retarded how Canadians have forgotten the schemes of the Liberal government so quickly, now that we have some problems getting used to Conservatives.

Oh and want to see some really nice American comments to Canadians?Check it out!
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

I got nice things to say about Canadians. At least with regard to the ones I know:

Fudge-knuckling, chocolate-lipped cherry-men, eh?

:-D

I love Canada. A land where Kraft Mac & Cheese is Kraft "dinner" and the gov't knows how to git r' dun.
Tex Beaumont
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Tex Beaumont »

Yes, what the hell is up with Canada?

Commonwealth Games Medal Tally
Gold Silver Bronze Total
1. Australia 84 69 68 221
2. England 36 40 34 110
3. Canada 26 29 31 86

You used to provide us with a bit of competition - now your being thrashed by freaking England!!!!!

Better start laying off the poutine, eh.
The artist formerly known as Caravan Ray
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

..yeah...yeah. Hey.

Good job in the Olypmics eh... you remember the Olympics? Yeah. Good job there.

Nice job winning the Commonwealth games that YOU HOSTED.

Uh huh.
Smalltown Mike
Mean Street
Submitting as: shrts, Sewer Ppl, Flaming Tiger, shrts, shot pounder, Gert, Slither, Gaping Maw
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Smalltown Mike »

jolly roger wrote:I honestly can't stand poutine. I used to like it, but the cheesestuff is just bugging me. My favorite Canadian food place is Tim Hortons. Mmm Mmm Mmm.
Almost 37 years alive in Canada, and still I've never tried poutine.

Tim Horton's, on the other hand, yep.
Punk rock is for children. Grab a six-pack at Half-a-Dozen Records.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

Smalltown Mike wrote:Almost 37 years alive in Canada, and still I've never tried poutine...
You are SO not missing anything. That shit is disgusting.

:)
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

Last weekend I was at a movie theater that served poutine. Needless to say, it was the best thing I've ever had from a concession stand.
Reist
Hot for Teacher

Post by Reist »

boltoph wrote:I got nice things to say about Canadians. At least with regard to the ones I know:
This seems a bit off-topic, but WOW! I didn't know that Leaf and Deshead are both in Gert! Wicked! I'm going to have to look more into that band.
To get it back on topic ... who here loves Canadian maple syrup?
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Ya know... who can RESIST maple syrup??? God damn. The crap fake syrup... I CAN NOT eat that stuff. Only the real deal. It's ...

If you've never had 100% maple syrup, you are a fool. Go buy some RIGHT NOW.

Put it on:

pancakes
waffles
sausages
fruit salad
ice cream
mix with BBQ sauce for ribs
use it if you do a master cleanser. (I never have... but I like to just think about how I would if I did... so maybe one day I will).
french toast.
your slacker hockey team.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh.......MAPLE.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

It is true. Maple syrup is the nectar of the gods.

My dad has a sugar shack, but the boil was short this year. Just enough for the family to jealously hoard, and use on special occasions. Or maybe just blow through it all in a week, and it's back to Aunt Jemima's for the rest of the year. Eek.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

er, just buy something better than jemima, right? it's not that expensive when you amortize it over a long time.
anyway, my wife wishes to make it known that vermont maple syrup is the best. but beware, e.g. "maple lawn farms of vermont" syrup comes from canada. look at the bottle. haha.
nothing against canada, mind you, just my wife used to live in vermont :)
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Ah yes. But yankee frugality runs deep. No way would we pay that much for real maple syrup, when you can just make your own with a hundred gallons of sap and a hundred round-the clock hours of boiling. :wink:

Note: No, I didn't do the math on that. But last year I was enlisted to watch the boil for a few hours at all and odd times, because the sap was coming in so fast we had to stay ahead of it. Sketchy couple days.
Smalltown Mike
Mean Street
Submitting as: shrts, Sewer Ppl, Flaming Tiger, shrts, shot pounder, Gert, Slither, Gaping Maw

Post by Smalltown Mike »

Nothing is more Canadian than putting maple syrup on snow. Yes, we do that. Just not the, uh, yellow snow.

Also on bacon or sausages, yum. My kids have it on waffles every day. Pour it over sweet potatoes before you barbecue them—awesome.
Punk rock is for children. Grab a six-pack at Half-a-Dozen Records.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

while on the subject of not understanding canadia:

what's up with your postal codes?
in the u.s., the 5-digit numeric zip code is based on clearly delineated geographic and metropolitan zones, but in all the time i've been working for the u.s. postal service (about a year and a half now) i have been able to decipher no such correlation with the alphabet soup you people use. all i know is it is separated into two groups of three alphanumeric characters, but what those characters are doesn't appear to have any significance as far as what province or anything like that. anybody know about this and want to clue me in?
Reist
Hot for Teacher

Post by Reist »

tviyh wrote:i have been able to decipher no such correlation with the alphabet soup you people use.
I have no idea what's with the postal code system, but at least we use the metric system for measurement. Imperial makes no sense ... America is so far behind in that area.
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

tviyh wrote:in the u.s., the 5-digit numeric zip code is based on clearly delineated geographic and metropolitan zones, but in all the time i've been working for the u.s. postal service (about a year and a half now) i have been able to decipher no such correlation with the alphabet soup you people use.
I can't tell if you're kidding.

Canada's system is conceptually simpler than the US's: Alphabetical from east to west. I can look at two postal codes, and tell you roughly where the two locations are in relation to eachother. The same can't be said of ZIP codes, unless you have the map memorized. Towns in TN or MS, for example, that border on towns in LA and AR. The ZIP codes aren't even close.

Canada Post has a map showing location by first letter of the postal code.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Well, in the US 0 is in the northeast and 9xxxx is in the southwest, and I think they basically travel numerically in strips north-south and then east-west, but I could be wrong. They're based around population centers and so it's not completely smoothly arranged.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

no, i was totally serious. i knew there had to be some kind of master plan behind it, but i've never figured out what it is. of course, i go through about 1000 pieces of mail per hour, and perhaps 5% of it is canadian, so that doesn't allow much of a chance for figuring.

as for american zip codes: they run chronologically, more or less, as follows... puerto rico and USVI start with 00; then starting in new england (starting with 01) and running straight south to florida (mid-3's), then from alabama (mid-3's) back north to michigan (to the end of the 4's); the 5's run through wisconsin, minnesota, the dakotas, and montana; then 6's go south to illinois, missouri, kansas, etc.; 7's are located further south (arkansas, texas, oklahoma); then from new mexico, arizona, utah up through idaho are the 8's; west coast (including alaska and hawaii) start with 9's.

there are specific ranges for each state; the first three digits apply to a particular metropolitan area, and the last two pinpoint the particular town or area of a city (the 2-digit codes are generally in alphabetical order by town name within the area).
HeuristicsInc
Beat It

Post by HeuristicsInc »

ok, ignore what i said and listen to voice. he obviously knows better than i do :)
-bill
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
slowRodeo
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by slowRodeo »

you know another nice thing about canada is free health insurance, although i've heard it sucks. also we totally need to switch to the metric system, imperial or whateva it's called is nuttier than a squirell turd. metric makes alot more sense.
but i dont see it happening anytime soon.
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous." - Smalltown Mike
Reist
Hot for Teacher

Post by Reist »

slowRodeo wrote:you know another nice thing about canada is free health insurance, although i've heard it sucks.
It's okay, but there are definitely downsides ... I guess it's not completely free, since you have to pay for coverage for some things, and there are long waiting lines ... Ralph Klein (the premier of AB) is trying to get some private clinics into the system ... that way if you want to pay, you can get help immediately, and if you have less money, you can still get it for free.