Tri-State Area Remix

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

TVsKyle wrote:Well, what defines a "serious songfighter"?
There's a big grey area, but I'd approximate the definition as: someone who's submitted at least two songs that were not absolute shit, in that they represented legitimate effort to make a decent song. Of course, making absolute shit songs detracts from this, so I'll extend the definition to say that such a songfighter should also have submitted more "effort" songs than shit songs.

But who's to say, really? (Me of course, but who <i>else</i>?)
Southwest_Statistic
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Lead Vocals
Recording Method: Renoise, Melodyne
Submitting as: Southwest Statistic

Post by Southwest_Statistic »

Mogosagatai wrote:
There's a big grey area, but I'd approximate the definition as: someone who's submitted at least two songs that were not absolute shit, in that they represented legitimate effort to make a decent song. Of course, making absolute shit songs detracts from this, so I'll extend the definition to say that such a songfighter should also have submitted more "effort" songs than shit songs.

But who's to say, really? (Me of course, but who <i>else</i>?)
...Hopefully that just happens to include me in your opinion...

Seriously, I'm sorry for causing a scene, didn't realize I was breaking any "SongFight! Rules"...
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Oh, fer chrissake, you WEREN'T. We just all have hairs up our asses. That's something you'll have to learn to live with, I guess.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

Generic wrote:Oh, fer chrissake, you WEREN'T. We just all have hairs up our asses. That's something you'll have to learn to live with, I guess.
Speak for yourself. My hair lives outside my ass.
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

Southwest_Statistic wrote:...Hopefully that just happens to include me in your opinion...
But of course!