Maise Peters

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Mostess
Panama
Instruments: Vocal, guitar, keyboard, clarinet
Recording Method: Ardour 5, JACK, Ubuntu
Submitting as: Hostess Mostess
Pronouns: He/him

Maise Peters

Post by Mostess »

My 15yo wants to go see Maise Peters in Detroit this weekend and I have to say she's a pretty good songwriter. The pop production is a bit slick for me but it frames her songs well, and it sounds kind of '80s which makes my GenX heart beat.
Kind of a drag to drive into the city at night and back home late. I'm an old man. But this might be fun.
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: Maise Peters

Post by ujnhunter »

Not familiar, but just clicked on a video or two... while it's not my type of music, I'd definitely go to take my kid there. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to go to some shows with me. I think you can enjoy the show even if it's not your usual cup of tea, you might even leave impressed. Kinda reminds me of a couple behind the scenes videos that YouTube was pushing on me of some Charlie Puth(?) tracks. It was super interesting to see his workflow in the studio, even if I'd never listen to his music otherwise. Go!
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Maise Peters

Post by Lunkhead »

I've only listened to one song so far, sounds fine for pop music, and I very much appreciated the message of this song: