Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

it was me :)
Hi!
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

Heather. Redmon. wrote:(about her duties as mom and employee!)
Yeah Heather! You kick ass. A workin' mom who rules the Songfight school. No small feat!

I'd apply to be in your girl-clique in a heartbeat!

:D
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

j$ wrote:I thought we were guest-unfriendly ...
this seems to be an issue every time we get a new forum on this board.

i'm lazy; imagine this message is somehow linked to a thread over in "quality control".
Lyricburglar
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Lyricburglar »

Niveous wrote:You think you work for the man. No, I work for the Man. I'm a Fed. I throw people out of the country for a living. That's working for the Man.
I am also a small cog in the big wheel of government. But I don't throw people out of the country. I'm responsible for making sure people in small boats don't scrape the bottom when they go fishing, Seriously! It cracks me up. When somebody in my juristiction scrapes there boat on the bottom and complains to their member of Parliment, who then complains to the Minister - I am usually the guy who advises the Minister on what his response will be. I find that hilarious.

I'm easily amused.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

:?: :?: :?:

Okay. Allow me a moment to get this straight. Someone goes out on their boat and goes into water that's too shallow and scrapes it up. Then they go and complain to the government about the shallow water and their inability to steer elsewhere. Then the big honcho needs to think up a response that isn't "WTF? Why are you complaining to the government about how deep the water isn't?" and they call you for a ready made response.

Is that right? If it is I'm absolutely fascinated (I say that with the utmost seriousness).
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Lyricburglar
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Lyricburglar »

Niveous wrote::?: :?: :?:

Okay. Allow me a moment to get this straight. Someone goes out on their boat and goes into water that's too shallow and scrapes it up. Then they go and complain to the government about the shallow water and their inability to steer elsewhere. Then the big honcho needs to think up a response that isn't "WTF? Why are you complaining to the government about how deep the water isn't?" and they call you for a ready made response.

Is that right? If it is I'm absolutely fascinated (I say that with the utmost seriousness).
:lol: Yes - you are 100% correct! That's exactly what happens. As I said before - this is a continual source of amusement to me!
anti-m
Ice Cream Man

Post by anti-m »

Caravanray wrote: :lol: Yes - you are 100% correct! That's exactly what happens. As I said before - this is a continual source of amusement to me!
Wow! Brrraaaaaazzzzillll! (Da da da, da da da da da!)
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

So, C-Ray, what is a typical response that one gets when they complain about their own lack of boating skills to an elected official?
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Lyricburglar
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Lyricburglar »

Niveous wrote:So, C-Ray, what is a typical response that one gets when they complain about their own lack of boating skills to an elected official?

...of course it would be desireable to provide navagible waterways for all, even the most nautically challenged, and in the fullness of time it is hoped that value-adding to aquatic infrastructure will take pre-eminence as a policy objective, however, given current bugetary constraints and in view of the arguably marginal and peripheral status of case presented for community benefit relating to the refurbishment of the waterbody in question, there really can be no case for restructuring our action priorities at this time in such a way as to eliminate your present unbuoancy.

It would appear that you may in fact be progressing towards the source of a small fecal stream or rivulet without the appropriate hand-operated propelling device....
a bebop a rebop
Push Comes to Shove

Post by a bebop a rebop »

Caravanray wrote:
Niveous wrote:So, C-Ray, what is a typical response that one gets when they complain about their own lack of boating skills to an elected official?

...of course it would be desireable to provide navagible waterways for all, even the most nautically challenged, and in the fullness of time it is hoped that value-adding to aquatic infrastructure will take pre-eminence as a policy objective, however, given current bugetary constraints and in view of the arguably marginal and peripheral status of case presented for community benefit relating to the refurbishment of the waterbody in question, there really can be no case for restructuring our action priorities at this time in such a way as to eliminate your present unbuoancy.

It would appear that you may in fact be progressing towards the source of a small fecal stream or rivulet without the appropriate hand-operated propelling device....
hahahahahaha.

oh man...
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

anti-m wrote:
Caravanray wrote: :lol: Yes - you are 100% correct! That's exactly what happens. As I said before - this is a continual source of amusement to me!
Arresting Officer: This is your receipt for your husband... and this is my receipt for your receipt.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Caravanray wrote:

You're up shit creek without a paddle
For those of you even slower than me.
anti-m
Ice Cream Man

Post by anti-m »

roymond wrote:
anti-m wrote:
Arresting Officer: This is your receipt for your husband... and this is my receipt for your receipt.
Hee! Ah yes, this is definitely one of my favorite movies of all time...

In other news, here's the version of the old proverb _I've_ heard bandied about:

"It seems we're up the proverbial estuary without a means of locomotion."

(C-ray's is far superior, I have to say!)
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

new forum, spud forgot to set posting privs.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

Yay! Old thread!

My gorlfriend work for the government, Mr Ray, and has to deal with similar situations. Except she just reads and catalogues the incoming mail, some of which is a hoot. I especially like the guy who keeps writing in convinced that school teachers are robots. Not, in a metephorical sense, but actual robots.

Sausage Boy doesn't work. However, his alter ego brings the cash in as a graphic/web designer and print production person for a publishing company.
mc3p0
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by mc3p0 »

Clearly, you have the silkiest throat of all, talented lucky punk. 8)
According to Rep. Brad Sherman from California on the Colbert Report there is a robot invasion underway..
"The toot of a flute with the flavour of fruit!" - Caractacus Potts, 1968
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

Full time student ... it's almost summer though ... just a few more months.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

jb wrote:new forum, spud forgot to set posting privs.
I didn't forget. I have no idea what you are talking about.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

I was unemployed (well working freelance, which mean unemployed designer that does random projects for money, but still sits at home on his ass doing nothing) but I recently got a full time job again.
b o r t w e i n...it rhymes with Design. / bortwein Music SongFight! Archive
nyjm
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synth, various MIDI instruments
Recording Method: Reaper, Line 6 POD, GLS Audio 57 and 58
Submitting as: noah mclaughlin, Ford's Theater Disaster, Juliet's Happy Dagger

Post by nyjm »

i am a full-time student AND i have a full-time job. yup, what some people call masochism, i call having an assistantship: teach two sections of introductory french for eight hours week (translation: 24 hours, b/c there's gotta be time to make lesson plans, grade homework, make tests, grade tests, talk with students, chase down students...) and ALSO research and write a dissertation that proves my proficiency and even excellence as an academic and scholar.

but you know what? as exhausting as it can be, i really like what i do. with what other job can you: 1) see students blossom and discover new and unsuspected talents; 2) constantly investigate a foreign culture that is always surpising (does anyone understand the riots in France right now?); 3) get paid to watch tons and tons of movies and call it "research"?
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I am actually still happily employed at the place I've been at for the LAST YEAR. OMG. Time flies when you're not wanting to kill your manager, team lead, producer, and company president with a firebomb.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

and i now have a part time job. 8)

i'll be working from 10 pm to 3 am in the basement of a library. huzzah!