GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GlennCase »

Leaf wrote:uh...Hello
I heard a rumour that a super collab is in the workings for this week's fight, a BLOODY RUMOUR!!!
I swear, sometimes y'all are just a bunch of hams.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Oh yeah. FINALLY got high speed internet at home!!!! SO STOKED!!!!!!!

This means I gotta start living up to my collab fantasies...although to be fair, I've done the Bloody Hams and Redcar trip, and got down with Bell Green and Andy Belham thus far... so... I'm looking to do some collabs soon... looking for a Jack Shite or a Hip Cola or even a Glen Case to start???

...hmmm...hmm..hmmmm....hmmm...hmmm.hmm....waiting....anyone? Anytakers???
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Leaf wrote:Oh yeah. FINALLY got high speed internet at home!!!! SO STOKED!!!!!!!
Weirldy, so have I. Well, i spent last night staring at the router and not plugging it in. A momentous time for a dial-punk like me.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

dude, I am so swamped with other recording projects at the moment which form the basis of my Christmas gifting, I have to declare that while I'm totally stoked about a Leaf Cola collab, it likely won't be your first to strike off the list.

But rest assured, I'm totally looking forward to it.

"You go up, up! You go down, down...."

Word.
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

j$ wrote:
Leaf wrote:Oh yeah. FINALLY got high speed internet at home!!!! SO STOKED!!!!!!!
Weirldy, so have I. Well, i spent last night staring at the router and not plugging it in. A momentous time for a dial-punk like me.

...I hear ya... I spent last night just watching how fast stuff could load... then listened to some songfight tunes....with no waiting!!! Ok, ok, to ya all who have had it already I sound like a virgin on prom night.. but damnit, that's what it's like... 'cept I don't have the dress.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Leaf wrote:
j$ wrote:

...I hear ya... I spent last night just watching how fast stuff could load... then listened to some songfight tunes....with no waiting!!! Ok, ok, to ya all who have had it already I sound like a virgin on prom night.. but damnit, that's what it's like... 'cept I don't have the dress.
I have a few that might fit you ...

j$
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

oh man, and we thought you two were super posty before, when y'all had dial-up connections... i guess we ain't seen nothing yet...
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

tviyh wrote:oh man, and we thought you two were super posty before, when y'all had dial-up connections... i guess we ain't seen nothing yet...

I have no fear that you will be chatting it up right behind/ahead of us! ...maybe we three should do a collab!!!
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Sounds good to me. Then we can all post about how much fun it was endlessly :)

j$
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

Leaf wrote:Ok, ok, to ya all who have had it already I sound like a virgin on prom night.. but damnit, that's what it's like... 'cept I don't have the dress.
For reasons having to do with activities that are more common on the Mexican side of the border than they are here in the U.S., we have about 25 prom dresses just sitting around the house at the moment. Strapless okay? Think you can squeeze into a size 8?

Charles (Art is my middle name!)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

king_arthur wrote:
Leaf wrote:Ok, ok, to ya all who have had it already I sound like a virgin on prom night.. but damnit, that's what it's like... 'cept I don't have the dress.
For reasons having to do with activities that are more common on the Mexican side of the border than they are here in the U.S., we have about 25 prom dresses just sitting around the house at the moment. Strapless okay? Think you can squeeze into a size 8?

Charles (Art is my middle name!)

If I start wearing a dress...I'll probably want the strap-ons. tee hee.

Speaking of which, this reminds me of grade 8, when my class each paid me a dollar to wear a dress to school. I made 26 bucks, pretty good cash for a 13 year old in 1984....it all got derailed when my english teacher kicked me out of class with some homophonpbic bullshit... that was a fun day...
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

Leaf wrote:I have no fear that you will be chatting it up right behind/ahead of us!

Code: Select all

3     tviyh    washington county, PA     26 Sep 2004  556    
4     Leaf     Quadra Island, B.C.       25 Sep 2004  555

hahaha you've been a slacker lately i guess.
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

nah....real life took precidence over songfight message boards...plus I found out about bittorrents and comic book archives....so that got a bit distracting!!
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

Leaf wrote:real life took precidence over songfight message boards...
real... life? i'm not really sure what you're talking about there. is that some other website or something?
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

So as the year draws to a close, I look at not how many songfight tunes I did, but how many collabs!!

THE TALLY:
Redcar: WTF, Jimmy Hat, New Sex and the Starfinger cover "space cadet". Perks Getting to rework with my old highschool partner in crime, PinV, the HIPCOLA, mr. phistikated... learn more about mixing from those two talented dudes...just listen to how my sound quality and techniques have improved, then take a long gaze at Tonetripper and HC... plus, Tonetripper has one of the best voices on here... although we have duked it out abit, we've had fun, and more Redcar's tunes to come... maybe during JOS' longfight?? HP and I got a secret project of love on the go right now... heh heh heh.

Bloody Hamsnot including the live stuff in these numbers mind you! Only group I've recorded and played live with for songfight! An international gang of reformed construction workers, with a common love of French Maids, we did Gift with Purchase and Piece of my heat. No one knows when the plane will land next, but I suspect more Hams tracks will materialize in the future, and with the advent of new technologies, that may be thousands or years from now... or mere weeks....Perks A ltttle thing called opening for # in Seattle... and meeting some faces to the fingertypings and musical efforts... smoking in the boys room with Shite and bolio... cross border adventure with Puce... Ken's multiinstrumental abilities and laid back style. The dude wears farmer caps!!! He really does. And he makes them look cool.
C Hack I did some drumming for the man on Chainsaw and his 15 16 cover, funny enough for you... although I never did actually make it to the posted track....thus the .5 marking. Perks Hack is fun to jam along with, and he has style. Plus, it's cool telling people about all these international, distant superstars I get to jam for...

Tonetripper We were the Trippy Leaves...In the Ditch...

Bell Green and Andy Belham My first transatlantic musical trip!! We did Dark all day... and I feel that we could have nailed it alot better if I had Highspeed connections at the time.. as it was , I enjoyed it... it could happen again...Perks I got to experience the power of the internet more than ever, and play music with people I concievably never would have even remotely had the opportunity to do so with.. hmmm very awkward phrasing...

Hoblit] Holy crap.. this was a ton of fun. He sent me this guitar part and some click track, and because of his avatar, and having visited his webspace, I closed my eyes and imagined him in the room, rocking out on these riffs. then I get to hear the finished track... damn!! My wonderful better half loves your voice man! This track is great. So, I'd obviously drum on a Hoblit track again!

Unfinished Business:

A couple irons in the fire... I love collabs!
I have a real good set up for recording my kit now.. so anytime anyone feels like hooking up, le me know and if I got the time, I'm there! If not, I'll be game another time!!

Ho Ho Ho.
EightLeggedOedipus
Push Comes to Shove

Post by EightLeggedOedipus »

Leaf, I really had fun with the Beef Animals song and am down to do it again any time you're available.
<a href="http://www.mbeanis.com/0.html">Understand</a> my reviews. Voted best auto-wrecking record of 2005! "<a href="http://www.thedrinks.net/"><b>The Drinks</a></b>' - Grr!" available now.
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

I'm always available...

oh..songfight, right..

Bring it on!

I've been enjoying tons of collab efforts so far! I like how things just come together out of the blue. I've also found an interesting side shoot to lots of collabs, that I can focus on one element, like drum sounds, and put tons of time into it, compared to the shortness of time when you do the whole track yourself... collabs are fun. Sometimes, it feels like the person I'm playing with is in the room... yes, I lika the energy...
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

just wanted to say for the record that The SweetLeaves ROCK!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Thanks dddduuuuuddde.

I'm looking for anyone who could use some drum tracks for NEXT week's fight... pm me anyone, if interested...
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Holy. That was quick!

I'm booked folks! Only the ancient one, PinV, the HIPSTER, could drag my ass into a second project... I know, Iknow, favourtism... what can I say, he's sexy.

Plus, he demands so much of me. It's sickening. It's sick.

Oh, yeah...

Collabs for the future that I dream about:

Another Beef Animals. That'll have to happen soon..

I heard a rumour of a Puce, Hoblit, Leaf metal fest. I'm patiently waiting.. I know some of us are in school, it's cool.

BLOODY HAMS!!

Smalltown Mike... from the big smoke... yer due for some action... long time reader

Someday, somewhere, maybe an Octothorpe... and now that I got this funky cool tab/notation program.. I could actually write something and ship it to ya! Just give me six more months! :lol:

And whoever else walks through the door...
I love the collabs.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man

Post by thehipcola »

Leaf wrote: I'm booked folks! Only the ancient one, PinV, the HIPSTER, could drag my ass into a second project... I know, Iknow, favourtism... what can I say, he's sexy.
I'm TOO sexy dammit. Soon buddy, soon. I've got just a couple more musical things to clear up, and I'm there. Leaf's Hip.
NeilThrun
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by NeilThrun »

Caravan Ray wrote:Wow!! Bryan Adams, Gordon Lightfoot, Rush, Loverboy, Corey Hart - all together on the one record!
Whatever, Gordon Lightfoot rocks everyone of you lame-o's socks off. Don't be haters.