LimboFight I: Bloodwork VOTE/REVIEW HERE, GUYS

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.

Which one is better?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:28 pm

Rufus & Beauclerc
56%
Spinlock
44%

Total votes: 9
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Awesome.
Ross
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Vox, Bass, Tuned glasses, etc...
Recording Method: Logic on a Macbook.
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Ross »

Is there going to be a limbo fight 2?
"I don't like this song, but at least it's good." - veGetar Ianra Ge
http://www.rossdurandmusic.com
Lord of Oats
Ice Cream Man

Post by Lord of Oats »

rdurand wrote:Is there going to be a limbo fight 2?
There ought to be, based on the name. I didn't put the big Roman numeral there for no reason. The problem with the idea of Limbo Fight is that limbo doesn't start to get annoying until we're a couple days into it. And then it's really the uncertainty that starts to kill you. If there were a published schedule, it'd be a lot easier to decide when to do them. But I don't want to hassle the fightmasters about it. They already do quite a bit. I'm trying to figure out a good system. The confirmed extension of the voting deadline is what made this possible, and made me decide to do this one. I don't think there's going to be one in between the MDR and BBQ fights, unless somebody says it's going to be a week of waiting, or something. I'm sure there will be more in the future when I work out a good system. My best idea, so far, follows:

On the day the SF deadline passes, I, or the designated title-bearer, can put up a title for the fight. When the new songs and title are posted, you have twenty-four hours to get your song finished and sent in. So you're working with an unknown deadline. The point is, it's a short period of time, and it's just meant to keep people busy that like to be constantly working on music, and generate honor and glory for fighters that can do good work quickly. I'm not expecting really high-quality submissions, or anything. The songs for this turned out well, but we only got two. I would have preferred to get more songs, even if they weren't great recordings. In other words, leave your triple-tracked bass and eighty layers of guitar at home, along with your eqing and your signature plate reverb on your vocal that you recorded through your grandfather's vintage ribbon mic, onto Phil Spector's old tape machine through Steve Albini's mixing console. Just write a song, you know? At least I'm not going to yell at anybody because their vocal sounds too dry, or their bass is missing midrange, or because they rhymed phone with loam. JUST ROCK.
Nigel (spOOn) Clements
Mean Street
Instruments: None... But I use Reason 3.0, an iAxe 624 and an old beaten up acoustic, and sometimes I hit things.
Recording Method: Reason 3.0, Magix Audio Studio 11 Deluxe, Samson C01U USB Studio Condenser Microphone.
Submitting as: Nigel Clements, Accessory Twelve, @eclectic spOOns, Cynthia Size

Post by Nigel (spOOn) Clements »

End of the day, 9 votes is a good indication of interest, therefore i'd reckon a subsequent limbofight would generate a greater proportion of entries...

good work dude!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED