Bunch O' Old Prefights

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
TheWilsonHeightsGang
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Re: Laugh Riot

Post by TheWilsonHeightsGang »

Dan-O from Five-O wrote:
TheWilsonHeightsGang wrote:Best of luck to you guys in this week's fight. I'll try to throw some reviews up here soon
You should throw them up in the review thread instead.
I did
john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

Remember when Megadeth wrote Moto Psycho, and it was one of their (/the) worst songs ever?

<font size="1">...what do you mean, "no?"</font>
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sober »

Are we to use this thread forever more, rather than having a new thread every fight? If so, then ok. If not, then whoever starts the prefight thread has to remember to rename it "prefight for fights blah, blah, and blah" so that a new official thread can be started.

Either way, a super-awesome collab is in the works for me.
🤠
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

I am losing my drums in two days so I'm going to try to use them for the second time ever on SongFight before then.
Evermind
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Guitar, Vocals, Bass
Recording Method: UAD Volt 2, MXL770, Alesis VMini, Reaper, Hydrogen
Submitting as: Evermind, Moody Vermin, Ever Kenievel

Post by Evermind »

I may submit something for "Trailblazin'". I have some things recorded already, but with poor takes. I may redo them, and I may not. If someone is interested in throwing a drum part my way, I'd be more than happy to accept it. If you want a copy of the music as it stands, send me an IM, or PM.
I am definitely too square for how experimental this is, but I can imagine that if I was in the right state of mind, the section starting at 2:20 might transport me to another dimension - jeffhenderson
joshw
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Egg Shaker
Recording Method: Focusrite > Reaper
Submitting as: Josh Woodward

Post by joshw »

I was planning on taking a week off, after having submitted for 20 straight weeks, but Motor Psycho just spoke to me. So #21 it is..
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Denyer wrote:I am losing my drums in two days so I'm going to try to use them for the second time ever on SongFight before then.
you can't lose something with prior knowledge... because the'll be right where you know you are going to leave them.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

I'm pretty sure I'll be in for 'Trailblazing' - i've got a sweet melody and a lyric that I am so pleased with. Be warned though, it's a bit airy-fairy poetic this time round. BUT I can't decide whether to do it as an all-out punk rock assault or as a piano ballad. I tried a bit of both and well, it just sounded silly.

J$
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

i'm in tri-state area... sort of a goth awkward twist... with my keyboard... first song i've ever done with a beat... and some awkward lyrics... hope someone enjoys it \m/ :-)
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
hotpiinktears
A New Player

Post by hotpiinktears »

Hi
This is Tiffany. Im new on here, finally got a name. Jimmy,Puce, and I will be doing "tri-state area" next week. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up.
:!: so uhh whats going on? :!:
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

hotpiinktears wrote:Hi
This is Tiffany. Im new on here, finally got a name. Jimmy,Puce, and I will be doing "tri-state area" next week. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up.
:!: so uhh whats going on? :!:
shit i just lost again :'(

Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Just out of curiosity, does the term 'tri-state area' generally refer to any three states in particular or can it be used for any three states in general?

I've heard the term on US TV before, but never really understood what it meant.
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

i used it for a particular three states... that i've heard it referred 2... (which i think is illinois,indiana and ohio) but i could be wrong... i don't know if it can be any three states or not...
i lived out there for awhile... so i wrote a song semi-about that... and coming back... pretty interesting stuff indeed

Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

it means different things in different places. even within the same state: in western pennsylvania where i am, it usually means PA, ohio, and west virginia. but (and somebody correct me if i'm wrong here) i think in eastern PA it includes new york and new jersey...?
joshw
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by joshw »

Poor June wrote:i used it for a particular three states... that i've heard it referred 2... (which i think is illinois,indiana and ohio) but i could be wrong... i don't know if it can be any three states or not...
i lived out there for awhile... so i wrote a song semi-about that... and coming back... pretty interesting stuff indeed
I don't know if that would qualify as a "tri-state area", since Illinois is nowhere near Ohio. Usually that refers to three states that touch each other. For instance, I'm in NW Ohio, and both Indiana and Michigan are within a hour drive. Sometimes it's referred to as the "tri-state area" by locals, when they're feeling generous toward Indiana.
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

No, you guys are all wrong. The tri-state area is CT, RI, and MA. Because they're tiny fucking states. They have no business being states on their own, that's why they're referred to as the tri-state area. You can't say "We've got car dealerships all over Rhode Island," because who cares? Ooo, there's like, three. But "we've got car dealerships all over the tri-state area," that's a little more useful.

You guys and your Illinois Indiana bullshit. Those are big states. If you're in Indiana, you don't give a shit about what's going on in Illinois, unless you're on the border. And if you're in Ohio, forget about it. Grumble grumble... ;)
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

well i was talkin' about indiana, ohio, and whatever state connects to them... haha :-P...

(and if you live in ohio... i feel really bad for you... well unless you live in one of the better parts of it... i've only been to places around columbus, cleveland, and dayton) crazy places haha \m/

but the song is done... so i can't change it now :'(

joshw
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by joshw »

Poor June wrote:(and if you live in ohio... i feel really bad for you... well unless you live in one of the better parts of it... i've only been to places around columbus, cleveland, and dayton) crazy places haha \m/
Those are the best parts of Ohio, I'm afraid. And I'm nowhere near any of them. :)
LMNOP
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by LMNOP »

joshw wrote:I'm in NW Ohio, and both Indiana and Michigan are within a hour drive. Sometimes it's referred to as the "tri-state area" by locals, when they're feeling generous toward Indiana.
Josh, Josh, Josh. You disilliusioned Buckeye, you. Having grown up in NE Indiana, I can confirm that you have correctly identified THE tri-state area, but it's worth noting that the first Ohio town encountered on the drive up SR37 from the mighty metropolis of Fort Wayne is HICKSVILLE. :D
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Most often Tri-State Area refers to New York, New Jersey & Conneticut. Though I have heard it used for other places, most of the time it's those 3. And I'm not just saying that because I'm in New York. Type Tri-State Area into Google and see what you find.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

i wonder... what would you call arizona, new mexico, utah, and colorado? since that is the only place in the country where four--rather than three--states come together? "the quad state area"?
downwithgender
A New Player

Post by downwithgender »

its called 4 corners
sam of down with gender
http://www.downwithgender.com