Any beat makers want to work with my man Adam?

Organize yourselfs.
mc_frontalot
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Any beat makers want to work with my man Adam?

Post by mc_frontalot »

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... ID=7660118

This is a buddy of mine Adam Rivera. He's working on a number of new tracks and is looking for someone who does drum machine programming (or maybe a drummer who can record at home?) to collaborate with him. Take a listen to his myspace songs and see if you might be interested!

Cheers
mcf
AdamRiveraMusic
A New Player
Instruments: Guitar/Vocals
Submitting as: Adam Rivera

Re: Any beat makers want to work with my man Adam?

Post by AdamRiveraMusic »

The two songs I have on that myspace site marked '02 have beats already. Those are approximately what I am looking for. A little edgy, rocky and busy. I might want them to sound a little more realistic however. Drum machine is preferable, but you might talk me into using real drums. Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

Late,
AR.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I love making abstract weird beats. I'm okay at doing realistic ones too I guess but I am definitely of the school of thought that if you're not using real drums you should try to do something really cool that doesn't sound like real drums, rather than try really hard to make a convincing and not-very-good imitation of something mediocre.

The beats on those 02' songs are pretty boring.
AdamRiveraMusic
A New Player

Cool Cool! I am open minded about the project. While I am not really defending the beats on those tracks, they are very old. Do you have any samples of some of other work you have done? Would you like to try your hand at doing something for one of the songs on my site? Maybe make something as weird as you want and do something more on the "normal" side as samples. I'm interested in what you might envision. Depending on mood and theme of the song we might not want to go really wacky.

The reason I want to add drums for my songs is so I can put use them for live performances and maybe put out an album featuring the tracks. Let me know if this is something you would like to devote the effort towards.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Most of my music is at http://sockpuppet.us. I think "Baby, Be Quiet" is my best track. There's also some other songs at http://beesbuzz.biz/music/ (especially in the "songfight" directory. "The Elements of Style" and "Birds Of Our Own" have more realistic drums.
AdamRiveraMusic
A New Player

:( Still have not found anyone to commit to this project. A little help?!
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Well, could you describe more of what you need? It's hard to commit to something when you don't even know what that something is. I just thought you wanted some beats.
AdamRiveraMusic
A New Player

Sorry Fluffy, I have not counted you out yet. I just have a gig in mid July. I'd like to have the tracks for the gig done by then. So yeah I need them for live performances and perhaps studio recording. I was kinda vague in what I needed, but hen again I only have a vague idea of what I need. The tracks I had made in 2002 were alright, but I am no percussionist. I don't have a strong opinion of what the tracks have to sound like. If you want to start on the project, I'd say make a snippet of a beat for a few of the tracks as a sample to work with,.. from there I think we could build the full compositions. Did you get my E-mail? I didn't get a reply so i was not sure if you wanted to take up the project or not.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

So, let me see if I understand... you want me to make looping beats for the existing songs on your MySpace?
AdamRiveraMusic
A New Player

Not exactly loops. The two songs with Drums on them are examples of what kind of work I need done. They don't have to sound like that, but I need them to be composed, not just a loop necessarily. What I meant by making a snippet, is that it might be easy to write a few phrases, to a song or two, just so we could see how it would sound together. You could do full songs if you want to, I just don't want to waist your time. Though I am pretty easygoing, I am sure I will have input if I think the beats need to go in a different direction. I don't need added keyboards, melodies, harmonies or anything besides just percussion. Other then that I am pretty open to anything one might bring to the table. I have a total of about 15 songs that I need done. I would send you all the material, if we agree to work together. I have everything recorded, at least in a rough state, in MP3 form. I liked the different types of beats you linked me, they sounded good! Please let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

You can also call or write if you wish,
AdamRiveraMusic@yahoo.com
917-456-7430

Respectfully yours,
AR.