Help needed clenaing up audio

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
halen99
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Piano, Hammond, Guitar, String Cheese
Recording Method: DIGI 001 / Protools Fostex 8 Track
Submitting as: Eddie Lance

Help needed clenaing up audio

Post by halen99 »

Help needed cleaning up an audio file, mp3. Some background noise I'd like removed take a listen http://ultimateband.com/files/project_d ... ect_id=305 and contact me there too please. Or here, whatever :)
evl
"I just wish all instrumentals had vocals."
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Help needed clenaing up audio

Post by roymond »

halen99 wrote:Help needed cleaning up an audio file, mp3. Some background noise I'd like removed take a listen http://ultimateband.com/files/project_d ... ect_id=305 and contact me there too please. Or here, whatever :)
evl
Are you talking about the lead-in noise and breathing and what not? Describe what you're going for. That's basic audio editing, whether on the waveform or in your DAW. What tools do you use?
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
halen99
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Piano, Hammond, Guitar, String Cheese
Recording Method: DIGI 001 / Protools Fostex 8 Track
Submitting as: Eddie Lance

Re: Help needed clenaing up audio

Post by halen99 »

It just seems to me there is background noise in there, or it wasn't recorded all that great. This is the end product I was given so that's why i'd like to clean it up. The breathing part is ok. I could be wrong but when I listen to it compared to the rest of what I'm doing the quality just isn't there. I'm thinking of making this sound like it's a radio broadcast so the low quality could work in my favor. I use pro tools.
"I just wish all instrumentals had vocals."