Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Human Target

Post by Lunkhead »

I just watched a few episodes of this show on Hulu. I actually enjoyed it a lot. It feels like a throwback to the 80s in some ways, like a blend of The Fall Guy, Macgyver, and The A-Team (with maybe a little James Bond in there too). They stick to a fairly clear cut delineation between good guys and bad guys for the most part. The hero is like Clint Eastwood's man with no name, in that he has no real identity, at least not yet. The theme music is actually a decent orchestral score, rather than some shlocky pop song. I actually enjoy that it's pretty straightforward, not self-conscious or self-referntial, and eschews the popular style of making everybody seem morally compromised, so far. It'll probably get canceled before they get to develop the characters much, which is too bad.

http://www.hulu.com/human-target
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Human Target

Post by king_arthur »

Yeah, we've been watching this too. Love the geek character, what's his name? { Guerrero... yeah, I had to cheat and check Wikipedia... memory almost empty here... } Seems like every episode there's one big special effects thing (like the parachute scene in the pilot) and those have been a bit underwhelming, but at least most of the science of the show has been fairly believable (I don't think anyone has "enhanced" an ATM surveillance video to the point where you can read somebody's name from their ID badge reflected in a store window across the street... yet...).

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs