What's on your 'gear' Holiday list?

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Chumpy
Twilight Sparkle
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, bass
Recording Method: Logic
Submitting as: Jerkatorium, Chumpy
Pronouns: he/him

What's on your 'gear' Holiday list?

Post by Chumpy »

Yes, it's way too early to start thinking about Xmas, but I really love giving gifts to that special person in my life, me.

#1 on my list is: A Vintage Harmony Rocket guitar
#2 on my list: A Behringer Control Surface X-Touch

What's on your list?
Last edited by Chumpy on Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't recommend ending on a bad joke." --ken
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: What's on your 'gear' X-mas list?

Post by Lunkhead »

Ooh! I like this thread idea. Also those look like some really nice items. I think I most want a Korg Minilogue polyphonic analog synth:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboard ... 6000000000

I think that would be a fun complement to my analog monophonic synth and drum machine.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: What's on your 'gear' X-mas list?

Post by Lunkhead »

Maybe a more inclusive thread title would be "holiday list" though as I know some folks who have Hannukah lists, etc. :)
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Re: What's on your 'gear' Holiday list?

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

After a bitch-queen reset of a year, I might actually learn to "play" guitar. Or at least Travis picking. And live looping. My list (so far):

#1 Telegraph Stutter! Well, already pulled the trigger on this one, just waiting on the shipping fairies, heh. Possibly percussive panopoly?

#2 iRig Blueboard, because iOS Amplitube looping. Pretty happy with their iRig Stomp interface :-)

#3 Some sort of lunchbox combo amp, because fuck, getting older and still no roadies ;-)

[edit]
#2.5 The Bright Switch, because Amplitube & dead battery = bad bad
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

wrists that don't suck so I can make more music
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

I've never actually owned a tube guitar amp. Looking at old Fender, maybe Orange.

My wife enjoys playing drums, but we rarely get out to the studio any more, so I think it's Ben fun to get a good electric kit for the home. Kind of low on space, though.

An orchestral suite that doesn't suck. NI is ok, but really lacks the "do everything" solution I'm looking for.
🤠
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

I would like somebody to come get the extra crap I have and swap it for a Fender Twin. And a motorized cart to carry it around.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Sober wrote:I've never actually owned a tube guitar amp. Looking at old Fender, maybe Orange.

My wife enjoys playing drums, but we rarely get out to the studio any more, so I think it's Ben fun to get a good electric kit for the home. Kind of low on space, though.

An orchestral suite that doesn't suck. NI is ok, but really lacks the "do everything" solution I'm looking for.
I love my Roland TD-4KP set. It's compact and functional and affordable. I ended up upgrading the cymbals and snare which made it less of both though.

Kontakt comes with a small subset of VSL, which is pretty good once you figure out how to use intonations right. I usually have two MIDI controllers, one for each hand where one is set to the intonation note range and the other is set to the instrument's range.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

I don't know if this is specifically on my holiday list, but I've been thinking about a new laptop with USB3 so I can get an UAD Apollo Twin USB Duo and the most recent versions of Cubase (9?!?) and Reason (9!).
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

fluffy wrote:
Sober wrote:I've never actually owned a tube guitar amp. Looking at old Fender, maybe Orange.

I love my Roland TD-4KP set. It's compact and functional and affordable. I ended up upgrading the cymbals and snare which made it less of both though.

Kontakt comes with a small subset of VSL, which is pretty good once you figure out how to use intonations right. I usually have two MIDI controllers, one for each hand where one is set to the intonation note range and the other is set to the instrument's range.
Holy shit, I was drunk as shit when I posted this. Yay grammar. Note: Am drunk now.

I bought the NI Komplete suite, and I'm just not particularly impressed by the orchestral stuff therein. East/West is probably what I should have bought in the first place. Oh well.

Looking at a Fender SuperChamp XD, which are apparently awesome once you swap out the speaker. Looked at a Vox today, and I just hate how they sound.

VDrums would be super fun, but we really don't have the space for it. We'll probably buy another house in the next year or two, and should have space there. Crazy that when I started Songfight like 12 years ago, I was basically penniless, and at times literally homeless. But thanks to the military and friends/family, I'm a fuckin' productive member of society. Drinks on me next time I can make it to a SF Live event.
🤠