Old Songs Re-Recorded?

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
WesDavis
Push Comes to Shove

Old Songs Re-Recorded?

Post by WesDavis »

Hey all!

I haven't been around these parts aside from occasional lurking in some time, but a friend asked me to send him a recording of a song I did with a friend under the name Pipefist waaaaaaay back in 2004 for the Red Skates fight. I couldn't find a recording I liked of it, so I did a new recording on the ol' smartphone and sent it over. It occurred to me that it might be fun to hear some of the older songfighters do something similar, if anyone has any old, simple ones they want to slap together a recording of, or more fully-realized versions they want to share.

As such, I've attached that recording of Red Skates to this post!
Attachments
Red Skates.m4a
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 953 times
Am I rockin' hard, or hardly rockin'?
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Old Songs Re-Recorded?

Post by fluffy »

Pretty much all of these three albums are rerecords or at least massive cleanups of Song Fight material! Also first recordings of songs I never got around to finishing for the fight.

Many many years ago we had a "cover thyself" coverfight, too, where folks rerecorded a song that they were previously unhappy about. I redid "Alright Alright" but I still wasn't very happy with the outcome. Because I am an incorrigible packrat of older Song Fight! history, I of course have a copy of it all.