Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - worth a visit?

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - worth a visit?

Post by roymond »

It seems pretty cheesy, but it's rock & roll, after all. And Cleveland (kidding!). Who has been there and would you recommend a visit?
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - worth a visit?

Post by Lunkhead »

I've been there a few times. I started college in Cleveland the same year the hall opened. I haven't been to Cleveland or the hall though in 10+ years at this point. But I would say it's absolutely worth doing once. I think the last time I went was in 2000, they were having a special exhibit about John Lennon since it had been 20 years since he was murdered. Yoko Ono had contributed a bunch of stuff. Particularly creepy were his blood stained glasses. :( But anyway, it's a bunch of memorabilia and a bunch of historical information about rock and roll. I'd say the EMP in Seattle maybe cloned it and did a slightly better job, but it's still worth checking out the hall in Cleveland.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - worth a visit?

Post by Lunkhead »

And if you're in Cleveland, the art museum is also nice. There's a lot of nice stuff near the art museum in the "University Circle" area. The symphony used to be very highly regarded but that might be difficult to work into a visit. The Great Lakes Science Center, down on the lake front in downtown near the hall, is also worth checking out.