RIP Allan Holdsworth

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

RIP Allan Holdsworth

Post by glennny »

Allan is a guitarist I always bring up when someone asks me who is the greatest guitarist of all time. There's quite the argument for this guy. When John McLaughlin, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Morse, and Frank Zappa all get very humble when he comes up you ought to know how amazing he is (was). I had the pleasure of seeing him play probably 6 times. One of the best concert experiences I ever had was seeing him in the tiniest club in San Bernadino April 4th 1994. I took my little brother to that show for his birthday. There was about 15 people in the audience. Afterwards he sat down and had a pint with us. Super nice guy. He was a genius! He was so fast and fluent and complex and soulful. One of my heroes. This news is very sad.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers