Augmented Reality Drones

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Augmented Reality Drones

Post by Spud »

Hey. Some of you may know that I used to have a design firm called WORKSHOP 3D. It was closed a few years before Song Fight started, but I have been know to talk about it here, wear the swag, etc.

Well, fluffy and I, along with our artist friend Jeff Mihalyo (also a musician, but not (yet) a Song Fight participant) have revived the name and started a new Augmented Reality Company. We have just release our fourth app, and the first one I thought this mangy collection of geeks might get a kick out of. It's for flying Augmented Reality drones on your mobile device, and you can find it at http://www.workshop3d.com/propellar. We've got links to the app on both the iOS and Android stores there.

We have just done a sort of usability overhaul based on our first few users' comments, and we are always looking for feedback. We know how much you guys like to bitch and moan, so have at it. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

BTW, there IS another AR app that may interest you if you're in our neck of the woods. We did this http://www.workshop3d.com/goodship for a local edibles company. If you've hear of Goodship, give it a go!
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Augmented Reality Drones

Post by roymond »

I can't bitch and moan about this enough! My sons and ab out four people at work are loving it as well.

My favorite drone is the Lunar Module. Having grown up during Apollo, living next door to an electrical engineer on the LM whose sons were my best friends, there are few icons that come close to the LM in my popular consciousness. The LM drone is a bitch to control, which is entirely appropriate. The ability to blow bubbles and colored balls just puts it over the top!

Here's our home movie "The Taurus Mission" where you can see some control boards from the Grumman LM project in action! Apparently I'm the communications director with the headset on. One day I'll put a sound track to this...
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Thanks for being an early adopter, Roy! I have similar feelings about the LM. BTW, those are the very boards that I stole the buttons from for the interface! I have a poster of the Rover on my studio wall, and we are planning on going beyond flying objects to ships and land vehicles at some point, so maybe one day, I will get to drive it!
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

The LM is definitely my favorite of the three, mostly because I had so much fun doing the sound design for it. :)

Although the sound design was a lot of fun for all of them. I did a twitch stream when I was making the sound effects for the flames and confetti and whatever. Apparently people enjoy watching people do ill-advised things with blowtorches live on camera.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

These are great and the bubbles really turn seemingly benign robots into absolute killing machines! Bravo! Did you host the cocktail party in the Goodship? Really nice sound on that.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

That was just some stock audio I edited together. :) But I'm glad you noticed that little touch!