The Associated Acts List

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
RangerDenni
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: vocals, piano, drums, bit o’gitfiddle, other noisy stuff
Recording Method: cubase, pianoteq, desperation.
Submitting as: a mysterious presence of quiet silence and apology reverb
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Re: The Associated Acts List

Post by RangerDenni »

Billy's Little Trip wrote:
Paco Del Stinko wrote:
Ken wrote:also drummed for Billy and the Psychotics a couple of times until they pulled a Syd Barrett and stopped picking me up for the gigs.
BLT drives the van.
Because Ken always wants to stop at 7-11 for a frozen burrito and a cherry slurrpy. I can deal with the cherry garlic burps, but the microwave burrito farts burned my eyes and it impaired my vision. :P
Quimby guitar-ed with us too that one time when I said "all of the hat" in the chourus and you had to fix it. :)
"Really interesting how the point you’re making slowly emerges like Martin Sheen from the mud in Apocalypse Now..." ~j$
RangerDenni
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: vocals, piano, drums, bit o’gitfiddle, other noisy stuff
Recording Method: cubase, pianoteq, desperation.
Submitting as: a mysterious presence of quiet silence and apology reverb
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Post by RangerDenni »

also for one glorious time there was a Minty Handy and DJ Ranger Den collab known as Dandy Hen. We did Threatening to Some. It's a sweet song, I think. It's squeaky singing for me. :)
"Really interesting how the point you’re making slowly emerges like Martin Sheen from the mud in Apocalypse Now..." ~j$
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

You can add both glennny and ken to JB and friends or whatever that was for the They Meet live fight. I think roymond is in the band. The video is on Vimeo I think.

Edit: yep JBB : ken glennny mike lamb roymond and jb
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

glennny wrote:You can add both glennny and ken to JB and friends or whatever that was for the They Meet live fight. I think roymond is in the band. The video is on Vimeo I think.
It's listed as "the John Benjamin Band". Since it was a one-time appearance in the JBB (and not listed as a new collaboration), I wouldn't include it.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Albatross
KING OF THE FORUMS
KING OF THE FORUMS
Instruments: Bass, drums, guitar, hand farts
Recording Method: Firewire 1814, Sonar X1
Submitting as: Albatross, Primitive Screwheads

Post by Albatross »

Pink Pope = Morbid Morgan and myself. You can add it to both of our lists.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Hrm, dropbox is blocked here. Can this thing be put somewhere I can see it?
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale

Post by rone rivendale »

In addition to Destruction Enterprise with Posyden and my collab with Signboy that you've already listed, I also did 2 SF songs with my friend Rich as Country Martyrs. He isn't even registered in the board so that's probably why. But I wanted to mention it anyway.

Also Posyden submitted a song as Atlantean. I remember this because it was for Brimming With Tears, my 1st official fight as a SF'er and his was my favorite song in the fight.
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D
Lord of Oats
Ice Cream Man

Post by Lord of Oats »

I'm kinda disappointed that this is revealing things that a lot of people don't know yet, that are still top secret, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm pretty confident that most of these people are not going to examine your document. In any case, I guess that's what I get for having ADHD and not being organized enough to have enough time to register a new e-mail address every time I start a new project, as I used to do back when I had a lucrative-ass part-time job, and didn't pay my own rent.

I'm also not very impressed that you only cataloged five. Those are only the most obvious ones.
"81 songs and 569 posts in 4 months. You don't mess around when it comes to messing around." - fluffy
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Oats' post reminds me - I wrote the lyric for his entry to "A Scary Thing" fight. Never a secret, so his fury will hopefully be abated.

And in case I didn't mention it already, I also wrote lyrics for Bobby Davros ("Via Sunderland" and "Disco Tony"), with A.Balham esq doing the rest (including taking the best joke out of "Via Sunderland" as it happens. I can forgive but I can't forget :) )
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

Lord of Oats wrote:I'm kinda disappointed that this is revealing things that a lot of people don't know yet, that are still top secret, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm also not very impressed that you only cataloged five. Those are only the most obvious ones.
Those are very contradictory statements. It's basically saying I have secrets, I dare you to find them. And find them I will Cobalt Stomach Lithium Institution Raisin Brain Jon Mayor Lord of Oats. :)
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Ok, got access. Quite a thing there. I am assuming you got my list from the songfight page on my site since there were some one-offs in the list. were you purposely skipping sidefights?
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Oh and you got Yoko Oh No! (Jack, Dre and me) down under Jack and Dre but not under me.

I thought I got that moved to Johnny In The Corner (as it's clearly a Johnny In The Corner song with a coda by Dre) but if you're listing it, I'd like to be attributed. Ta!
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

'fluffy' is all-lowercase, as is 'fluffy porcupine'. I think 'entropic pincushion' is supposed to be too. 'Goatfucker' is just one word. Other than that I don't see anything wrong, and can't think of anything missing from my list.

Too bad we don't have the posters from the old board because Patrick Clayton was the other half of Escapegoat, and he was in like a billion bands.

Sparks also used a fuckton of one-off names although the only one that's coming to mind is The Jim Varney All-Stars.

And of course toothpastefordinner Drew hasn't posted here that often but he also had a few dozen bands to his name.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Yeah, my cross-sections are complicated.

Omissions:
I entered once as The Finches ("So Long, Atticus")
I've entered a couple of times as Big Mistake ("A Variation on Two," "Bad Attraction")
I played in the IRC All-Stars once ("Need Stilts"), and in the IRC BFFs at least once ("Back from Juvie," though I think that may have been the only time).
I was the principle songwriter and lead singer for Biggie Shite and the Songfight Youth Choir's "Need Stilts"
Coma was my collaboration with Evermind ("Gonna Be Your Man").
I entered once as Jon of New Orleans, which was a collaboration with Jim of Seattle ("Brown Boxes").
There's an entry credited to Jon Eric feat. Eddiebangs ("House In My Head").
Pun in Tend was my collaboration with Freudian Slip ("Gallows Hill").
Shasta was my collaboration with Soda ("Field Day")
I played the piano in Dr. Atkins' 100% Natural Good-Time Family-Band Solution. ("Credible Threat")
Generic Sp00ns was my collaboration with @eclictic Sp00ns ("Sold Out")

Corrections:
You left a "b" out of the "Babble" in Transpacific Babble Brigade. (In case you didn't know, the other members of the Transpacific Babble Brigade were BLT and Caravan Ray.)
I don't know if I was ever in a Suave Noise Youth track, except for that one time we split it into three bands and entered all three fights that week. I wrote and sang our "Hold This For Me," which we entered as Youth.

Clarifications:
Usually, if I'm doing a collab with one person, we'll use both of our names and include "Featuring." This wasn't always true, so there have been exceptions.
If I'm working with two people, I use Jon Eric & Friends. I believe that the "friends" have been Spud, Reve, Glenn Case, and Signboy, and no one else. I might be forgetting someone.
If I'm working with three or more other people, we'll either make up a band name or use the IRC BFF moniker.

Questions:
I've also had entries which were credited to just me, even though there was some input from others. Are you keeping track of those?
Are you interested exclusively in Song Fight entries, or are side fights taken into consideration as well?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

WOW, impressive.

There are some out there that I don't even remember. Not that I'm even reminded, I REALLY ACTUALLY DON'T remember the project. I'd have to look it up myself.

The only one missing is for obvious reasons. There is no reference to me at all.

Nipple Creek Fairies = Hoblit

I'm not sure I want to even admit that.

One more though that I am proud of:

Joblito = Hoblit

Wow man, keep up the good fight.
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

Niv's replies to Jon Eric are in blue.

Omissions:
I entered once as The Finches ("So Long, Atticus") Hmmm. I knew that one, just missed it.
I've entered a couple of times as Big Mistake ("A Variation on Two," "Bad Attraction") I'll add that on my next revision
I played in the IRC All-Stars once ("Need Stilts"), and in the IRC BFFs at least once ("Back from Juvie," though I think that may have been the only time). The IRC collabs are often hard to keep track of. I'll figure out all the participants one day.
I was the principle songwriter and lead singer for Biggie Shite and the Songfight Youth Choir's "Need Stilts"
Coma was my collaboration with Evermind ("Gonna Be Your Man").
I entered once as Jon of New Orleans, which was a collaboration with Jim of Seattle ("Brown Boxes"). How did I miss that?
There's an entry credited to Jon Eric feat. Eddiebangs ("House In My Head"). Did I get it on Eddie's
Pun in Tend was my collaboration with Freudian Slip ("Gallows Hill"). I knew there was another Freudian Slip one that I missed.
Shasta was my collaboration with Soda ("Field Day")
I played the piano in Dr. Atkins' 100% Natural Good-Time Family-Band Solution. ("Credible Threat") With who else?
Generic Sp00ns was my collaboration with @eclictic Sp00ns ("Sold Out")

Corrections:
You left a "b" out of the "Babble" in Transpacific Babble Brigade. (In case you didn't know, the other members of the Transpacific Babble Brigade were BLT and Caravan Ray.) Typos are the bane of my existence.
I don't know if I was ever in a Suave Noise Youth track, except for that one time we split it into three bands and entered all three fights that week. I wrote and sang our "Hold This For Me," which we entered as Youth. Still counts.

Clarifications:
Usually, if I'm doing a collab with one person, we'll use both of our names and include "Featuring." This wasn't always true, so there have been exceptions.
If I'm working with two people, I use Jon Eric & Friends. I believe that the "friends" have been Spud, Reve, Glenn Case, and Signboy, and no one else. I might be forgetting someone. That's a helpful bit of info.
If I'm working with three or more other people, we'll either make up a band name or use the IRC BFF moniker.

Questions:
I've also had entries which were credited to just me, even though there was some input from others. Are you keeping track of those? Nope. That would push me over the edge of sanity.
Are you interested exclusively in Song Fight entries, or are side fights taken into consideration as well?[/quote] Only Nur Ein right now.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

I'd like to thank my mom, for her constant inspiration and support. Should I put that in the filename? And my friend Ted who is an ornithologist, and helped clarify some things for my Feathers entry. And Venus and Serena Williams for whom Variation on Two was written. Then there's the Toronto Star, who published a story that inspired Twenty One. And George Bush... Are you getting all this?
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

roymond wrote:I'd like to thank my mom, for her constant inspiration and support. Should I put that in the filename? And my friend Ted who is an ornithologist, and helped clarify some things for my Feathers entry. And Venus and Serena Williams for whom Variation on Two was written. Then there's the Toronto Star, who published a story that inspired Twenty One. And George Bush... Are you getting all this?
Roy is being a dick again. Got it. :P
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

OK, would you believe that was my attempt at a compliment for taking this on? ...didn't think so...

But seriously...
-I did the "I'm Not Impressed" entry as Song Fight Orchestra. (which then opens up the whole Song Fight Orchestra, since Jim is the only other one credited)
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Niveous wrote:Niv's replies to Jon Eric are in blue.
oh my god it's like all the worst Outlook-spawned bullshit is invading other parts of my life
roymond wrote:OK, would you believe that was my attempt at a compliment for taking this on? ...didn't think so...

But seriously...
-I did the "I'm Not Impressed" entry as Song Fight Orchestra. (which then opens up the whole Song Fight Orchestra, since Jim is the only other one credited)
Oh yeah, I was in that too. "Courage," I think.
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

fluffy wrote:
Niveous wrote:Niv's replies to Jon Eric are in blue.
oh my god it's like all the worst Outlook-spawned bullshit is invading other parts of my life
That was a workplace-style dickmove, wasn't it. :)
Sorry.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Niveous
Beat It

Post by Niveous »

roymond wrote:OK, would you believe that was my attempt at a compliment for taking this on? ...didn't think so...

But seriously...
One day I'll figure out all the participants of the SFO.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo