idiot kings lp

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
the idiot king
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Keys, Programming, Stuff for Hitting
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: The Idiot Kings
Pronouns: He/Him

idiot kings lp

Post by the idiot king »

i've decided to finally make myself assemble a full-length of idiot kings songs. it is just about completed; i am mastering the disc myself, which implies lots of flaws in and of itself, but i cannot afford to have the disc mastered professionally. i am doing the best that i can, and hopefully things will turn out ok. i will at least make it acceptable to my wildly untrained ears.

it will be sold roughly at cost; i'm thinking $3 for a cdr in a jewel box with a printed label and shipping. i will create some album art; however, to keep costs down i will post it on the idiot kings website for viewing/printing.

the main difference between these versions and the ones you've heard are 1.) new mixes, 2.) new mastering jobs, and 3.) uncompromised (i.e., not .mp3 format) audio quality. unfortunately, i lost the masters for two of the songs, so i was unable to remix them. fortunately, i was fairly happy with how they sounded to begin with.

without further ado, the tracklisting for "love is not a place" by the idiot kings:

1. tri-state area
2. hey ruth
3. level best
4. boarding call
5. paperback writer
6. third string (slightly extended)
7. gettin' all sweaty
8. a very unlikely occurrance
9. hold this for me
10. less of you
11. so aggravating
12. can't take our love away

feel free to burn your own copy, if you'd like, as well...i'll link to the liner notes fairly soon. i just wanted to put this all into a fairly cohesive package, and i feel that this tracklisting is what best represents the idiot kings. feel free to disagree.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

awesome.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

so if i understand your post correctly, it will be possible to buy a completed package, for those of us too lazy for DIY? cause i'd totally want one.
the idiot king
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the idiot king »

actually, you know, i didn't mean that, but i will print some up if people want me to. i wasn't going to originally, but what the hell? the only caveat is that they will be the fellowes printed labels.

the cd is and has been done, i've been forgetting to post anything. does $4 (including shipping) sound fair?

tviyh wrote:so if i understand your post correctly, it will be possible to buy a completed package, for those of us too lazy for DIY? cause i'd totally want one.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

sure thing! do you take paypal?
the idiot king
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the idiot king »

tviyh wrote:sure thing! do you take paypal?

i probably won't, just because i don't have it set up to accept paypal right now, and i'm working 30 hours a week in addition to taking five classes, band practice, and sleeping. if you pm me, i'll send along my address and concealed cash or checks would be cool.

thanks,
chris