Amped for the Cure

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
johnsonic
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Amped for the Cure

Post by johnsonic »

Hi y'all!

If you're in the NYC area, we're putting on a show to benefit leukemia and lymphoma. I guess there's an open vodka bar from 6-7, followed by five hours of music. What better reason to head out on a monday night and have a tax-deductible evening?

Here are the details (also on the songnews section of the SF page, tickets and info at http://www.ampedforthecure.com)

Here's the press release, hope to see you there, and ROK!

What can one marathon trainee do to raise money for a charity? Throw a rockin’ bash in one of NYC’s hottest music venues, the Crash Mansion at BLVD, with participation of a few hot local acts including Gruv Gallery, spinning house, electronica, and new founds beats, and performances by New York’s finest innovative rock, post punk, jam bands, Buddahead, New York, and Left Hand Green.

Amped for the Cure is a music benefit that raises money for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The event will take place on Monday, March 20 starting at 6:00 PM at Crash Mansion. With open vodka bar from 6:00 – 7:00 PM and only $15 cover charge going to charity, the event is expected to draw in a large audience of music enthusiasts and good-doers getting the groove on and rocking out for a good cause. Advanced tickets are on sale now at http://www.ampedforthecure.com

The event will feature Buddahead who attained a large following with their album Crossing the Invisible Line (Sanctuary Records Group 2004.) Their sound is often compared to Jeff Buckely, Radiohead, and Coldplay. "Buddahead have been hailed by critics nationwide for their strong, eclectic, yet very distinctive sound". - Top 40 Charts "Buddahead has a nice Jeff Buckley thing goin' - also some radiohead instrumentation and little verve." (Gerry Hart, CMJ)

New York, the band, has often been compared to The Strokes, but with their original take on noise punk, they mas as well have invented a genre of their own. Crashininin.com writes: "Bracing post-punk, gritty, breakneck rock, mechanized disco and sexed-up pop, all seamlessly connected by live shortwave radio transmissions, samples of salvaged LPs and bizarre field recordings." They seem to be a crazy mess between Hot Hot Heat, The Strokes, and Electric Six.

Left Hand Green leans heavily towards the rock end of the spectrum, with a diverse soundscape blending many styles—from ethereal pop to blues thicker than a melted crayon, from house to punk shinier than a new spike, from metal to TV theme music heavier than nostalgia. They’ve been compared to what would happen if the Allman Brothers grew up listening to the White Stripes.

Gruv Gallery’s will be spinning beats thoughout the evening with sounds ranging from electronic lounge, underground, classic, and deep-funky house, and old school/jazzy hip hop, funky, groovy, house beats laced with Disco, Samba, and Percussion flavors guaranteed to make everyone move.

Amped for the Cure is produced by Lana Mann, who combines her passion for music, event production and fundraising to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, non profit organization with a mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. She is currently training for NJ Marathon on April 30, 2006 with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training®, the world's largest endurance sports training program.

Crash Mansion at BLVD has a state of the art sounds system and has made a name for itself among local and seasoned musicians since its opening night with Norah Jones in December 2003. Warm lighting and exposed stonework walls bring, lounge seating and pool table offer a fun and intimate feel to this large venue.
BUTTZ?
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

YEAH!

And a small note: on Friday, April 28th Left Hand Green will be performing at a different venue, with a guest lead singer named "Boltoph" on a few tunes...

;)

yes, RöK
johnsonic
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by johnsonic »

UGH - the venue was double booked, so this benefit is postponed - I'll post again when we have a new date.
BUTTZ?
johnsonic
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by johnsonic »

ALRIGHT!!! It's may 9th, same info! Make it if you can...
BUTTZ?
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

boltoph wrote:on Friday, April 28th Left Hand Green will be performing at a different venue, with a guest lead singer named "Boltoph" on a few tunes...
Is taking place at the Underscore (part of Bar East), this Friday night...

I think we're actually doing a couple songs that were Songfight entries...
(Buttz's "Fat & Happy", Johnsonic "1000 Words", and possibly No Way and the Joses, as well....)

You might say, I'm AMPED to hang out with good friends Larry and AL, in Twon.

Take it J!