deshead's album, Waking Up In August

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

Not other than Jane Siberry (awesome) and Magnatune (awesomeness)...
I'd be curious how it works for you. Personally, I bought the CD and ripped to 256 kbps :)

Also curious if you are in the Magnatune catalog. I like their net-label model. My company finds it important to block that site from me, so I can't check just now :(
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

Just got mine. I was anticipating it to be good, but it was far better than good. It was awesome. I really love how relaxing the songs are to listen to. I've listened to it all the way through and I've had it for less than a day, and I'm already amazed. Fantastic job. Make more.
catch
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by catch »

Congratulations! Finishing an album is tough.

I've downloaded it, and it sounds real good. I'll buy it as soon as I get a PayPal account set up.

How advanced is your recording rig? The quality seems very high.
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

roymond wrote:Also curious if you are in the Magnatune catalog.
No, they have standards at that place :)

I like their model too. I'm surprised look-a-likes haven't popped up all over. (The only ones I know of are Beatpick and DiSfish.)
roymond wrote:How advanced is your recording rig? The quality seems very high.
Thanks. I don't think my setup is that advanced. Most of the album was recorded through a Tascam interface, into Sonar running on an Athlon 3200. I've got decent monitors, and acoustic treatment in key places, so my listening environment is probably better than the average home studio. But basically, I just stuck at the recording until I got the right take for each part. If I ever found myself thinking "I'll just fix it in the mix," it was a good sign I needed to retrack the part (especially since I wasn't paying for studio time.) And it probably goes without saying, but it's amazing how much easier it is to produce a track when all the parts sound the way they should.
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

I had a chem final today and I couldn't get "High Enough" out of my head. Thanks.
catch
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by catch »

I'm not roymond! Don't get me wrong - Roy's a fine name. Just not my name. ;)
sly stone wrote:Most of the album was recorded through a Tascam interface, into Sonar running on an Athlon 3200.
I was expecting you to rattle off a long list of super-expensive hardware I'll never get to see. Well done!
Clats
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Clats »

I recently played your cd for my brother and he asked "Hey, who the hell is this?" so i told him.
Three days later he tells me he's having a tough time finding your disc anywhere.
I have some bad news for you Des...no one at HMV has ever heard of Deshead.

Old Guys is stuck in my noodle right now...cuz I drink like one of them too.
"Right now, you're just a rude wee noob" - blue