Spinto Band at Knitting Factory NYC

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Freddielove
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Spinto Band at Knitting Factory NYC

Post by Freddielove »

Just saw that the Spinto Band, including Thomas Hughes of Carol Cleveland Sings, who you may know from here at Song Fight, is playing the legendary Knitting Factory In New York tomorrow night. If you are in the area, I highly recomend checking it out.

http://www.spintoband.com

They also have some songs to download at their site. I especialy like their version of Brown Boxes.
Everything But the Girl but without the scary big chinned woman

- Furrypedro
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Adam! »

Just visited their site. Could the Spinto Band have more members?

Apparently the key to being totally awesome is to have a ten man band.
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

Puce wrote:Apparently the key to being totally awesome is to have a ten man band.
Yes, this lets you bypass the "playing at small venues" stage of band development (and jump straight into arenas, Dawson's Creek cameos, Fenway Park, etc.) because you just can't fit everyone on those stages.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

Saw them last month at the CMJ music festival thing. Love that version of Brown Boxes. I dont want to dwell on this, but these are kids! Making amazing music. They need a good sound check, though.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

i dunno, when i saw them it was on a teeny little stage at this little coffeeshop place in pittsburgh. they somehow smooshed all six of them up there, gallavanting about and wildly gesticulating with the guitars and everything. i thought it was a miracle none of them sustained a concussion. it was like watching slipknot without the masks.
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

It's T-Shirt Time.

"Spinto Band: Like Slipknot without the masks."
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

It had to be on a weekend....the only days where I'm not 3 blocks away from the Knit.
nicegeoff
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Submitting as: Aerosmith JR.

Post by nicegeoff »

weird. I should have posted this, but thanks so much, freddielove! were you at that show? I wish I could have talked to you or something...anyways, the spinto band is playing lots of shows over the winter season, so be sure to check some of these out, if you can...go to our website: http://www.spintoband.com and click on the 'shows' head. we MIGHT be playing the knitting factory on jan 3rd, but that is a big might. I'll post if we are....thanks again!
make love, not music
nicegeoff
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Submitting as: Aerosmith JR.

Post by nicegeoff »

The Spinto Band at the Knitting Factory again:

January 3rd, we're playing in the Main Space of the Knitting Factory. Tickets are $7, and also playing are The Teeth (who are really really really good) and Brian Bonz, and also Nixon Agnew. If you live in New York, you should come, I know it kind of sucks to pay $7, but....I don't know, you live in New York, right? It's not so bad....okay...
make love, not music
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

How about playing in Canada? Toronto or Montreal has a lot of good venues for you. Let me know and maybe I'll hook you up.

- Pablo
Freddielove
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Freddielove »

No I wasn't there, far away from me here. I was going through some sfer's sites and saw that you were playing at the Knitting Factory and thought that was really cool, as a lot of great acts have been there. So I thought I would let everyone know. If you guys ever swing through Texas give a shout here, or if I ever happen to be in the NE I'll see if you have any shows listed.
Everything But the Girl but without the scary big chinned woman

- Furrypedro
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

I always hear about these things too damn late to change my plans. But since I get out of work at 6 and I'm only 3 blocks from the Knit- if you wanna meet a fellow SF'er before the show, just send me a PM.