Jim Tyrrell - Live in a lounge nowhere near you!

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Jim Tyrrell - Live in a lounge nowhere near you!

Post by jimtyrrell »

Hi,

I'm playing a solo show in the Tranquility Lounge at the Cabot Motor Inn & Motel in Lancaster, New Hampshire.
The show is from 8pm to 11pm. There is no cover charge. As always, I'm buying a drink for any SongFighters who are brave/foolhardy enough to make the trip. And you're also welcome to jump on stage and roll out a few tunes. No takers yet, but hey, it's a heck of a commute for most of you.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Hello again,

Tonight and tomorrow (3/11-12) I'm playing at the Cannon Mountain View Motel in Franconia, New Hampshire. Take exit 37 off Interstate 93 and you're there.
Shows are from 8pm to 11pm or whenever the rowdies will let me stop. Usually we go to about midnight or so.
There's a winter storm warning in effect starting this afternoon, so those of you making the commute should probably start driving/flying now. *wink*
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

jimtyrrell wrote:Hello again,

Tonight and tomorrow (3/11-12) I'm playing at the Cannon Mountain View Motel in Franconia, New Hampshire. Take exit 37 off Interstate 93 and you're there.
Shows are from 8pm to 11pm or whenever the rowdies will let me stop. Usually we go to about midnight or so.
There's a winter storm warning in effect starting this afternoon, so those of you making the commute should probably start driving/flying now. *wink*
Jim, I'm only going as far as western CT tonight, but one of these days I swear I'll be disrupting your show. My family's house is in Bellows Falls, VT. A couple hours, but not an impossible commute.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

This Saturday (3.26) marks my return to the Dutch Treat in Franconia, New Hampshire. This is the venue where I recorded my Naked On The Meach. Usually a pretty good audience there.
The show is from 9pm to midnight. If you head back right after the gig, you might make it home in time for Easter!
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

This Saturday (May 7) I'm playing a solo show at the <a href="http://www.wildcattavern.com">Wildcat Inn & Tavern</a> in Jackson Village, NH. Should be a good one; I co-host their open mic (Hoot Night, as it's known locally) every other Tuesday, but this is my first full night. As usual, any SongFighters foolhardy enough to make the trip get a drink on me, and are invited to come up and play a few tunes in front of what is usually a very appreciative crowd.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Hi,

I just finished the details on the biggest booking I've ever done. I'll be playing 33 shows over the course of the summer at <a href="http://www.themargate.com">The Margate on Winnipesaukee</a> in Laconia, NH.
Starting June 24, I'll be there Fridays from 6pm-9pm, Saturdays from 3pm-6pm, and Sundays from 12pm-2pm, every week straight through to Labor Day. The shows take place at their little gazebo beach bar (weather permitting; they have an indoor lounge as well). Awesome.
Of course, you all have the usual standing invitation: make the trip and take the stage. Oh, and I'll have to find someone to cover for the weekend of SongFight: Boston in August, because I'm not going to miss that.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

jimtyrrell wrote:I'll have to find someone to cover for the weekend of SongFight: Boston in August, because I'm not going to miss that.
too bad, because that's the closest i'll ever get to new hampshire this year. but... you won't be in new hampshire then, you'll be in boston. and i'll be in boston. so i guess it doesn't really matter does it?
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Wow, I had to read that like three times before I got it. I'm out of it this afternoon. I follow you though - see you down in Beantown!

Oh, and this Saturday (May 14) I'm playing a solo show at the Sunset Grill right here in Campton, NH. I will be attempting to record at least a portion of the show. Heuristics was asking in another thread about my cover of The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, so I'll try to mp3 it. Anyone have any other requests?
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Yeah, I'd like to hear your 'Baby, that's how wars get started' (from your Marathon Songs) and also you tackling some Supertramp. Maybe 'The Logical Song'. I'd like to hear how you handle that weird voice ... :)

It's so cool you're performing a slot like that. I am full of admiration.

j$
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Awesome. I'm on the case. We'll see if that 'Who I Aaaaaaam' at the end doesn't clear out the bar. Hehe.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

arr, oh well, just found out that your town is nowhere near anyplace we'd be likely to visit. M went to Dartmouth so we might visit there, but it's pretty far away!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

Post by Kamakura »

jimtyrrell wrote:33 shows over the course of the summer.
Congratulations Jim. That's fantastic news!
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Thanks Kamakura. It's going to be exhausting and wonderful.
So I got absolutely nothing recorded on Saturday. My little recording box flaked out on me. Boo. It was a pretty good show, too. It went until about 1am, with lots of drunken rowdies pounding on the bar.
I have an old versin of Edmund Fitzgerald somewhere; I'll see if I can dig it out.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Halloo,

This Saturday (12/10) I'll be playing a solo show at The Green Martini in Concord, NH. It's from 8pm to 11pm, and they have Guinness on tap. It's so cute; when you order a Guinness they ask you if you want the little one or the big one. I mean, they don't need to ask, but they do.

I'm gonna try to record at least part of the show, so anyone with any requests or anything, let me know. :D Looking at the previous posts in this thread, it appears I still owe a version of The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald. Maybe I can do that one on Saturday.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Did you ever do 'The Logical Song'?

j$
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

OH! No, but you know what, I got a copy of it and have been listening to it in the car lately. Lemme get some lyrics and see if I can work it out.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Me again,

This Saturday (2/25) I'm playing at the Tamarack Grill at Burke Mountain in Vermont. It's an apres-ski show, and hopefully there's good skiing to be had. Hasn't been a lot of that out here lately.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Thursday night I'm playing at Walter's Basin in downtown Holderness NH. If you can't make the trip, you can at least get a sense of the surroundings by renting On Golden Pond. That scene where Henry Fonda stops for gas and damn near takes out the dock when he pulls out of there... the restaurant is right across that little channel.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Hiya,

This has suddenly turned into a busy little week.

Thursday, 3/16: The Balsams, Dixville Notch, NH. 8:30pm-11:30pm.
Friday, 3/17: Farmhouse Tavern, Franconia, NH. 6:30-9:30pm.
Saturday, 3/18: Wildcat Inn & Tavern, Jackson, NH. 4-6pm and 8:30pm-12am.

C'mon up! If you start driving now you might make it in time. ;)
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

Tonight I'm opening for RhVibe at The Lucky Dog in downtown Plymouth, NH. Show starts at 9. All SongFighter drinks are on me. Start driving!
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

I'm ringing in the New Year with a show at Gilligan'sin Moultonborough, NH. Music starts at 8, and winds up around 12:30 or so. We've gotten a fair bit of snow overnight, so if you're coming, take it slow.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast

Post by jimtyrrell »

'Lo there,

Tonight I'm playing at The Boardwalk Cafe in Hampton Beach, NH. The show starts at 9pm. Come start the weekend ridiculously early!