Sportswriters live

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
sportswriters
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Guitars, bass, keys, a bit of vox, string arrangements, anything really.
Recording Method: Logic/Mac Pro/Kontakt/Waves. Cheap mics rock.
Submitting as: Sportswriters

Sportswriters live

Post by sportswriters »

Well, not really.

My buddies and I did a one-off gig on Canada Day this year as CAPTAIN CANADA, which was basically us playing every Canadian hit record from about 1970 to 2010, some of it on the back of a haywagon in a parade. It was somewhat epic. Now we've been asked to do a xmas gig as CAPTAIN CHRISTMAS, with exactly two weeks to rehearse. Setlist includes Pogues, Slade, and pretty much every other xmas song you can think of. Two sets, outside... wish us luck.

Nice opportunity to audition a couple of folks, though... I do hope to get the Sportswriters gigging in the new year. Now if we can just persuade bgm to join us for some double headers in Toronto...
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Re: Sportswriters live

Post by Caravan Ray »

sportswriters wrote:My buddies and I did a one-off gig on Canada Day this year as CAPTAIN CANADA, which was basically us playing every Canadian hit record from about 1970 to 2010,
OMG - I am having scary visions of Men Without Hats' Safety Dance, Crash Test Dummies' Mmmmm and Turn Me Loose by Loverboy being played over and over again for 3 hours....shudder
sportswriters
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Guitars, bass, keys, a bit of vox, string arrangements, anything really.
Recording Method: Logic/Mac Pro/Kontakt/Waves. Cheap mics rock.
Submitting as: Sportswriters

Post by sportswriters »

Ha, none of those but we did do Working for the Weekend. Many Loverboy jokes, there were.
RangerDenni
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: vocals, piano, drums, bit o’gitfiddle, other noisy stuff
Recording Method: cubase, pianoteq, desperation.
Submitting as: a mysterious presence of quiet silence and apology reverb
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Post by RangerDenni »

that may be one of the funnest things I've heard spoken in Yoda for many, many moons ;)
"Really interesting how the point you’re making slowly emerges like Martin Sheen from the mud in Apocalypse Now..." ~j$