"We Are All Famous" by Jim of Seattle

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

"We Are All Famous" by Jim of Seattle

Post by Jim of Seattle »

We Are All Famous cover
We Are All Famous cover
WAAFFrontCoverFinal300.jpg (56.14 KiB) Viewed 6835 times
After at least ten years of telling myself this would be the year I would do it, I'm very excited to finally get to write this post:

The first ever and possibly only ever Jim of Seattle album is finally out and available for sale! "We Are All Famous" can now be purchased on Green Monkey Records, through CD Baby, physical mailing, download, etc.

The album contains 17 songs of wildly diverse styles. Half of these are Song Fight entries re-recorded or re-imagined. All in all it represents 30 years of songwriting history, though the albums was completely re-recorded this past year. I'm super pleased with how it turned out, and I finally have an album out.

You can also listen to the entire thing for free, guaranteed good.
http://www.greenmonkeyrecords.com/wordpress/aotm.php

Available on iTunes/Zune/Rhapsody etc in a couple weeks.

Here is the video for "Laboratory Rat":
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Re: "We Are All Famous" by Jim of Seattle

Post by roymond »

Awesome and Congrats! JiM. JoS is happy classic nightmare music.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

great cover art
SirkusPi
A New Player
Submitting as: Odilon Green

Post by SirkusPi »

Definitely a cool cover -- and I look forward to actually listening to the music this weekend!
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

The cover art is by Tyson Grumm, http://www.tysongrumm.com, whose art we saw in a downtown gallery halfway between the parking garage and the symphony. He was very generous with letting me use three of his paintings for free. I'm thrilled he did. Anyone who hears the album will realize how appropriate that cover art is.

5 copies sold! Thanks to Jim Tyrrell for being almost my very first customer!
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

So you ended up not using a different band name after all?
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man

Post by Jim of Seattle »

No, couldn't come up with anything I liked, and the guys at the label liked it, so there it is.
RangerDenni
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: vocals, piano, drums, bit o’gitfiddle, other noisy stuff
Recording Method: cubase, pianoteq, desperation.
Submitting as: a mysterious presence of quiet silence and apology reverb
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Post by RangerDenni »

I like Jim of Seattle too. It's kind of Epic sounding. :)
"Really interesting how the point you’re making slowly emerges like Martin Sheen from the mud in Apocalypse Now..." ~j$
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Got my CD today. Wooo!
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man

Post by Jim of Seattle »

jimtyrrell wrote:Got my CD today. Wooo!
Awesome! Coincidentally, I listened to a bunch of your old SF catalog today. Man, you deserve to be heard.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Now available on iTunes.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Ted Gioia is this semi-famous jazz historian dude who also listens to a lot of new music, and I just thought I'd brag a moment that my album made #3 on his Best of 2013 list. Kinda cool. Since it's about half Song Fight songs, I owe a huge debt.

Also made #12 on a list from a magazine in the UK today!, which is in a way even more awesome! Go Hawks!!!

If you don't get that reference, a) you're hopeless, and b) This.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

gdi jim how do you get people to actually listen to your stuff

Congratulations!
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Well it sure don't come cheap. (kidding)

Seriously though, the label that released the thing has built up some cred over the decades, so now some people will listen to anything they put out. Ironic, since I'm such a black sheep for them.

And after all is said and done, all I'm really getting out of any of it is the ability to brag about it on forums like this. The entire endeavor has earned me a grand total of zero dollars, gross. Factor in expenses and it's much less than that.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Jim of Seattle wrote: Also made #12 on a list from a magazine in the UK today!, which is in a way even more awesome! Go Hawks!!!
Yes - go the Hawks (must admit, surprised you are a fan of suburban Rugby from Newcastle NSW - but everyone love the Hamilton Hawks, especially me, their most mediocre 4th grade winger of the past 50 years.)

BTW - that album of yours - I bought is from iTunes when you put it out - now, every now and again as I drive around in my car with the iPod on shuffle - something comes on and I go "WTF is that?!?!?" (in a good way). And it is usually you. Well done. You made the perfect iPod shuffle surprise album.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Thanks for buying it! I'm still not at all used to the idea of people listening to some song of mine when I'm not physically there demanding they do.

I watched the Hawks emerge victorious yesterday with the guys who run the record label, and at some point in the third quarter I committed to a second album for this year. It will be probably again be half Song Fight numbers.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I've given this a few spins since it came out. It's a good album - I wasn't already familiar with most of it, so I found it engaging throughout. I did miss some of my favorite JoS Song Fight tunes over the years, but I understand that not every good song will make the cut. Congratulations on all the press!
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
BoffoYux
Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

Post by BoffoYux »

I picked up a copy on a plug from RangerDenni. Nice CD! I managed to sneak a few cuts into the SpinTunes listening party when I'm hosting it. The 'Welcome to Windows' cut was appreciated by the listeners in the chat room. I'll probably sneak another cut in for the finals preshow on March 24th.