Very minor link (non) issue

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Very minor link (non) issue

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

The songfight logo in red on the boards used to take us to the main songfight page to listen to the songs etc., and the little song fight! home button to the left of the board index directory would take us to the home page on the message board. Those links have been reversed this past week or so (ish.)

If that's intentional then never mind.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Very minor link (non) issue

Post by fluffy »

The breadcrumb links haven't changed at all in the upgrade, but I misremembered where the forum logo is supposed to link to (since it says FORUMS on it). I've restored things to how they were.

Huh, no, from archive.org it looks like the 'home' link on the breadcrumb actually did link to the forum, not the main website. At least in the not-logged-in theme. Weird. I remember specifically changing the breadcrumb to point to songfight.org at some point per someone's request...
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Thanks! The "Song Fight!" home symbol still points to the front page. I think it once went back to the board overview. I know it's a minor issue and it's not really important. But thanks for changing the main logo. I got used to switching between the two when doing reviews etc.,

jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

I had them linked a particular way because ppl on the boards asked for it. But I can no longer remember what that way was. So put them however you want them. :)

JB
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Yeah I had set the 'song fight' home symbol to link to songfight.org on purpose just because I don't think the forum link at the top is the most obvious thing. For that matter I actually preferred the UX of the forums image linking to the forums, but whatever.

I am pretty sure that the old breadcrumb behavior was theme-dependent, because I could swear that it's unchanged from how things were before, with songfight.org > board index > everythingelse.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

*shrug* Honestly, it doesn't matter. I'll learn whatever the link is eventually. You set it the way you think it ought to be and I'll pull my big pants up and figure out how to use the internet.