"Flamethrower" weirdness in the jukebox

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
MicahSommer
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Voice, accordion, keyboards, guitar, euphonium
Recording Method: StudioOne Artist / AudioBox USB
Submitting as: Micah Sommersmith, All The Robots
Pronouns: they/them or he/him

"Flamethrower" weirdness in the jukebox

Post by MicahSommer »

In the Jukebox, I noticed that chronologically, "Flamethrower" is listed first, before the actual first fight, "Golfpunk Drives a Cadillac," even thought the dates are correct. Also, not that I'm complaining, but Jerkatorium feat. Micah Sommersmith are currently listed on the Jukebox with 4 wins out of 3 entries, for a truly impressive win rate of 133%.
"you did a skillful job pulling off the sexy" - RangerDenni
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: "Flamethrower" weirdness in the jukebox

Post by Lunkhead »

Yeah, things in the Jukebox are a bit cockeyed around the fight ordering because of issues with the servers that the site runs on. We had a crazy electrical storm a couple months ago that somehow knocked out the power at the co-location facility where the servers are (even though places like that are supposed to have backup power and other fail safes :/ ). With the Jukebox offline for a while, and then back online but not able to copy the archive data from songfight.org for a while for various reasons, it turned out that my code for copying the official archive data doesn't quite work right if it's not run every time songfight.org is updated. The "fun" thing about the order of the fights in the official archive is that it's based on the order that they are found in a big ass text file that's used as the "database" for the fight archive. You can't order by the fights' date and get the right order because of things like the JB 40th birthday fight and the JB proposal fight, and even if the dates were reliable that wouldn't be enough because fights with the same date have to be ordered in a specific way thanks to the one time there were 11 fights at once, that sort of spelled out "SONG FIGHT!".

Anyway, to fix things, I will have to go into the Jukebox SQL database and fix a bunch of stuff manually. I've been putting it off because it's going to be tedious and annoying. :)
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: "Flamethrower" weirdness in the jukebox

Post by Lunkhead »

OK, should be fixed.