NEWS!!!!! PLEASE READ Auto-reply to submission emails is DISABLED

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

NEWS!!!!! PLEASE READ Auto-reply to submission emails is DISABLED

Post by Lunkhead »

Hello all,

I have temporarily disabled the auto-reply to the submission emails. While it's nice to get an automated confirmation of delivery of a submission, we have seen in the past that it doesn't guarantee that the submission email will be there in the INBOX when the fightmaster goes to look for the songs. Additionally, 99+% of the email to the fightmaster address is spam. Every spam is getting the auto reply as well. 99+% of those auto replies to spam bounce back, effectively doubling the amount of noise in the fightmaster inbox. This week I've hit a previously unseen issue with the email where when I went to the inbox none of the submission emails were there and so far I have not found them in any of the other folders. So while the fightmaster email account seems to be FUBAR-ed I have disabled the auto replies to cut down on the noise in the Inbox that they generate due to nearly all of them bouncing. Please post to the boards that you've submitted your song. For those not on the boards unfortunately I don't know what to do. I don't personally have time to constantly check the fightmaster inbox so I can't realistically get back to people except at the time when I go to update the site.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Re: NEWS!!!!! PLEASE READ Auto-reply to submission emails is DISABLED

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Maybe add a bit to the front page directions to post on the boards or risk not having a song in the fight? I don't know how much work that would be, but at least there would be a notice.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

That's certainly doable.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I ended up updating the FAQ (which is pointed to on the "tips" link). I figure the current newsbox posting about the autoresponder being disabled is enough for that already.