why my song didn't get posted?

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

Wait, was it a secret? I didn't think I was revealing anything there...

(It does say "Presented by Spud and JB" at the top of songfight.org)
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

I guess everyone must have thought that Spud was Fightmaster and you were like, Robin. Or George Castanza.
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

I love when JB and/or Spud gets pissed and deals shit back to the ungrateful motherfuckers that think they can just take for granted this whole situation. (I'm not saying I like you guys to get pissed...I'm just amused by morbid things..)

Before I even sent in one submission for songfight I downloaded the previous songfights to see what the MP3's were named, etc and followed suit. How freakin obvious is it that if the title's Spinal Tap, your song's called Spinal Tap?

Or that these guys Spud and JB who run this FREE advertisement-less, kick-ass site, are going to read through every email, post, and submission? Get real. There's always next week...and the one after...and the one after...anyone who can't deal with a submission getting denied sure as hell better not bother trying to hit the music industry from any other angle.

Sorry to butt in...i couldn't resist...
jb
Hot for Teacher

Post by jb »

erikb wrote:I guess everyone must have thought that Spud was Fightmaster and you were like, Robin. Or George Castanza.
FightMaster has MPD.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

boltoph wrote:...anyone who can't deal with a submission getting denied sure as hell better not bother trying to hit the music industry from any other angle.

Dude, you just nailed it right there. See? They provide free training too!!

...um... JB, I kinda knew, but I kinda liked to pretend that there is this secret society of high-level songfight executives who direct things...the Star Chamber...

I shall continue to pretend...
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

Hey Boltoph, beer after 4pm, not coffee. You want to *mellow* the buzz.

(also: Amen, brutha!)
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

jb wrote:
Puce wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if ecnalubmA’s opinion of SF matches FM’s opinion of Wikipedia.
<b>DO NOT FUCKING COMPARE ME TO THE MOTHERFUCKING WIKIPEDIA ASSHOLE.</b>
Well said.

I seldom back down, but it looks like I misread this situation. You do a good job of keeping the signal to noise ratio high around here, and I realize that an important part of that is filtering out confused people who think this is SomeSongs with an odd song re-naming policy. I get that now.

But getting DQ'ed for writing the title twice, correctly in the subject and then incorrectly (with seemingly humorous intentions) in the message body seems like doing one of those ScanTron tests that have the box that says "Do not write here", writing "OK" for your own amusement, and then getting a zero. Sure, a machine isn’t going to be sympathetic, but when there’s a person on the other end it seems more like an exercise in pedantry. I know you guys are awesome, so when I first saw this thread I just figured there was more to it and I’d wait for Spud’s explanation. When the official response turned out to be "Fuck you, get the title right", well… let’s just say that if I had been one of those guys and this was my first impression of SongFight, you would have been my Antaeus Feldspar.

Just so there’s no confusion, I think you [guys] do a better job here than any reasonable person could expect, and I’m not trying for a second to correct you or call you a dick. Hell, even if you guys were dicks I’d still say “It’s your site, run it however you like.” I’m more pointing out that as far as first impressions go, this one is a doozey.

But again, these Ambulance guys have a good attitude and I’m glad they’ve decided to give us another shot. So let’s kill this thread and show them what SongFight is really all about: cruelly hazing newcomers in the review threads. :lol:

EDIT: Emboldening
Last edited by Adam! on Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

when did someone start filtering signal to noise on songfight?
Hi!
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

erikb wrote:I guess everyone must have thought that Spud was Fightmaster and you were like, Robin. Or George Castanza.
I always thought those two swapped roles from time to time . 'Oh, go on, it's my turn to Jr tonight ...' hehehehe

(Do I hear an 'Oy!' from blue?)

j$
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

i always thought the junior and senior labels referred more to the their respective personalities, as senior has a tendency to be the stoic voice of reason (insert john huston's voice here) and junior has a tendency to be reactive and protective, sometimes irrationally but always with flair and passion. and like any kid, he's never wrong. ;)

really, it was the worst kept secret on songfight.

that, plus the old dumbrella avatars (the baby and uh...john huston?)
Hi!
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

Post by Kamakura »

So they're both officially 'out' now? Nudge Nudge :wink: :wink:
jb
Hot for Teacher

Post by jb »

Puce wrote:Sure, a machine isn’t going to be sympathetic, but when there’s a person on the other end it seems more like an exercise in pedantry. I know you guys are awesome, so when I first saw this thread I just figured there was more to it and I’d wait for Spud’s explanation. When the official response turned out to be "Fuck you, get the title right", well… let’s just say that if I had been one of those guys and this was my first impression of SongFight, you would have been my Antaeus Feldspar.
Just remember that when it comes to Monday morning and the fights need to be processed, there might as well be a machine on the other end of that email you send. If things aren't formatted right or there are quirks, you take a chance that you'll be misread and rejected.

And no one gets a rude reply from FightMaster via email (except Blue). It may be curt, because like I said, it'll be on a Monday and the machine will be trying to get through everything as quickly as possible, so you'll get just the barest of information. On the boards? Well, you know.

Ambulance got caught in the machine. It happens. It'll happen again I'm sure.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

The mechanics of this particular situation are simpler than you think. No one was "DQ'ed for writing the title twice, correctly in the subject and then incorrectly" intentionally.

Fightmaster actually thought that these guys had sent in a random song, deleted it from his inbox, and sent them a nice note. Don't think it doesn't happen. There was no <b>intent</b> to be either picky or hard-assed, jb's later joking to the contrary notwithstanding.

These guys chose not to resubmit. End of story.

Well, except for this stupid thread. That will probably go on forever.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Re: why my song didn't get posted?

Post by boltoph »

ecnalubmA wrote:mabey you can addd it late or something id hate to do all that work for nothing
Songs are NEVER done for nothing. Although I love the entire being of Songfight, man, just think of enriching your soul with the music you write, that's what it's really all about. Sharing it with relatives, maybe passing it down and some grand niece or nephew, great great,etc. grandchild gets soo psyched about it. And Songfight can really help fuel the muse and kick the songwriting mule in line.

Spud, since you mentioned the thread going on, I figured someone should oblige... :o

oh and Des, you're right. Right into high gear
needed to get the chatterbox going for the mic. Can I have another, sir! why...your heart might stop! never...uh...yeah
:!:
RO'K
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

yo backwards ambulance...post a link to your song here just to spite us all.

i'll give it a listen. :)
Hi!
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

I love threads that go on for ever.... remember the new topic thread...man I miss the new topic thread... I really liked that thread.

I have ants crawling in my ice cream bowl as I type.

Fortunately, it's from last night...but as a matter of principle, I shall kill this ant for ...ah damn. He escaped. No matter. I shall wreak havok upon his household. Upon his breathren. Upon his very kin.

They moved out of my speaker, that was nice.

uh... where were we? Right. So is this thread about not posting someone's song, being human or worst kept secrets?

I still cling to my fantasy that Blue is deepthroat.

And that I can afford to go to Boston.

And that I'll have time to work on a tune for this week's fight.

Well. That about does it for this thread....or does it?
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

Leaf wrote:I love threads that go on for ever.... remember the new topic thread...man I miss the new topic thread... I really liked that thread.
Hi!
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

awesome gif
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

Hoblit wrote:awesome gif
Michael Jackson will do just about anything wierd won't he?
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Gemini6Ice
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Photoshop and Illustrator

Post by Gemini6Ice »

jack wrote:it's just SO hard to follow directions, especially when they are linked and plastered all over this site.

when you try to be funny, you have to understand that some people might not get it. and if you assume they will get it, well....you know what they say about people that assume.....
They are as "su" as me!
Gemini6Ice
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Photoshop and Illustrator

Post by Gemini6Ice »

jb wrote:<b>DO NOT FUCKING COMPARE ME TO THE MOTHERFUCKING [CENSORED] ASSHOLE.</b>

JB
Your avatar is so amicable, so you really set off the juxtaposition-meter when you get angry.