voting mechanism needs reset or something

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

voting mechanism needs reset or something

Post by Eric Y. »

<strike>i don't know why i can't find a thread for this; i know it's happened before... anyway,

on the main SF page, it's telling me i've already voted in the cow fight (peppermint patty), which i have not. (although i did last week).</strike>

<B>FIXED. THANKS</b>
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

<strike>I think somethings eff'd with the blue "Covered in Bugs" fight this week, it says I've already voted, but I definitely didn't vote yet...just seeing the fight for the first time here...or maybe it's just been posted, and isn't quite finished yet...will refresh in a sec and check again...</strike>

http://www.songfight.org/blue/

<b>FIXED. THANKS</b>
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

http://www.songfight.org/blue/

my vote for half-hearted stab has already been recorded, it says.

[edit: i should probably talk to other people in this house who have computers before i go complaining about stuff like this. i don't know if our network assigns us distinct ip addresses or not.

IF it turns out this is not a general problem but that there is an actual vote registered from my IP, ignore me, and when i'm ready to vote i'll do it from somewhere else.]
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Sorry, Voice, I don't think it's us this time. Anyone else having this problem?

SPUD
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

well there's a pretty good chance somebody else in this house might have taken it upon herself to vote for my song as soon as they were posted. i hope this isn't the case, but i'll try to find out later.

sorry to bug you spud.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

It appears to me from an inspection of the IP addresses, that this is exactly what happened, sir. Now you know you will be getting at least one vote this round!
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

probably the only one i'll be getting, too.
at least i'd hope so. i'll try to be at a different computer sometime this week so i can vote for somebody who actually deserves a vote, and in the meantime, i've asked that this not happen again.

again, spud, sorry for troubling you when it was apparently a user error :P