Multiple votes from the same company

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
blumpkin
A New Player

Multiple votes from the same company

Post by blumpkin »

The way the system is set up to protect from one person voting multiple times from one IP prevents more than one person from a company to vote for a song. We've run surveys with similar protection that allowed different computers from the same company to vote- is there any way to update to accomodate that?
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

This is probably my fault somehow.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Yes. Stop asking your coworkers to vote for your song.

How about they just vote from home? Problem solved.

If you think somehow, my assumption is quite wrong,

a well written explanation might have you absolved.

Somehow, I doubt it though, my cynicism is well-inducted
I say keep the company computers obstructed.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

nah, one time... in another songfight life... I remoted into several servers within the company (all within the same IP range) and voted for ... if memory serves... Stateshirt over and over again. (Until I secured him the win which he clearly deserved)

In context, this is when the whole 'friend flooding' controversy was at its peak and there was a fellow that I THOUGHT (and was pretty sure of) was cheating. Everytime State Shirt got a vote, there would be another vote for the other guy within an hour or even a few minutes. Even when I voted multiple times from multiple servers... almost mysteriously, the other guy would somehow match the votes.

Stateshirt won. Probably because I had access to more servers than the other guy had friends.

I THINK it was Stateshirt... I can't remember for sure. I think the Fightmaster's wised up after that.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Re: Multiple votes from the same company

Post by Spud »

blumpkin wrote:The way the system is set up to protect from one person voting multiple times from one IP prevents more than one person from a company to vote for a song. We've run surveys with similar protection that allowed different computers from the same company to vote- is there any way to update to accomodate that?
Please send me the code for said surveys, assuming they didn't us a register-to-vote scheme.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening