Songfight.org is down for some users

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
MalachiConstant
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Songfight.org is down for some users

Post by MalachiConstant »

Apparently some people are unable to connect to songfight.org. They can't post here obviously so I'm doing it. Eddiebangs gets a "cannot find server or DNS Error" when he tries it.

He and at least one other person have talked to their ISPs and been told that it's some kind of problem with songfight, they're still able to access other sites. His ISP is Sprint/Earthlink in New Jersey. He's had this problem for a week and a half. The other user I know of with this problem is LevelThreeGnome on IRC. He's been unable to access for a couple of weeks, he says.

When I try to ping songfight.org I get a timeout, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.

Eddie can't access http://www.frankiebigface.com either. Aren't they on the same host?

Any ideas about what this might be?
deshead
Panama

Re: Songfight.org is down for some users

Post by deshead »

MalachiConstant wrote:When I try to ping songfight.org I get a timeout, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.
As long as the IP address resolves, that doesn't usually indicate a problem. (Just that the site is blocking 'ping' requests at their firewall.)
MalachiConstant wrote:Apparently some people are unable to connect to songfight.org. They can't post here obviously so I'm doing it. Eddiebangs gets a "cannot find server or DNS Error" when he tries it.
FWIW, the same thing happens for anyone on Sympatico.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Post by ken »

Also, keep in mind that the forums are at songfight.NET, but they are probably on the same server.

ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

ken wrote:Also, keep in mind that the forums are at songfight.NET, but they are probably on the same server.

ken

Oddly I had the connecting to Songfight.org and .net problem for a while on my laptop, but not from my old iMac. I never figured it out, but it magiclly went away. Sorry, I'm no help but that's all I know about the "I can't get to songfight.org or .net" problem.
b o r t w e i n...it rhymes with Design. / bortwein Music SongFight! Archive
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy

Post by Future Boy »

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I mentioned this to JB a while back and he suggested I send a traceroute to my ISP with "WTF?" in the message, but they were all, like, "It's not our problem!" I have Sympatico. What's wacky is that some days it loads and some days it doesn't. Some days it loads in the morning and not in the evening and others just the opposite. In any event, it's really fucking annoying and I wish something could be done about it.
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

I need traceroutes. Send them to baghera3 at earthlink.net

Without traceroutes I have nothing to show the server provider to prove that there is a problem. There are two things that have to happen. #1 is that I have to send traceroutes to the server provider, and #2 is that you have to send traceroutes to your ISPs. Only those two entities can resolve this routing issue.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Eddiebangs
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Recording Method: Vegas 8, Cubasex3, Delta 1010, Wavelab etc...
Submitting as: Eddiebangs, Big Seed DNA

Post by Eddiebangs »

Tonight I got through for the first time in about 2 weeks. I have no technical knowledge of computers or the web whatsoever, so I'm afraid I'd be useless in identifying or resolving the problem... but I'd be glad to try if you like... Glad to be back, 'cause I was totally jones'n! :twisted:
Be my friend
or you suck