Cookie not working

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Cookie not working

Post by JonPorobil »

It might be a problem with my computer, but I was wondering if no one else has had this problem lately:

When I'm on my home computer, I always select "Remain logged on from this computer," or whatever the option is called, but lately, it's been logging me out between sessions. Is this because of maintenance on the site, or do I need to check my Firefox settings?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
jast
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, guitar
Recording Method: Cubase, Steinberg UR44
Submitting as: Jan Krueger
Pronouns: .

Re: Cookie not working

Post by jast »

I don't have that problem. If it's a problem with Firefox, you'll probably have to look at Settings -> Privacy -> Cookies -> Keep until; and ... -> Exceptions.
That said, sometimes my autologin cookie(s) here get killed or something, but it doesn't happen very often.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

I have experienced the same thing, the past few days. I have IE7 at home and IE6 (!!? WTF? I just noticed this -- no wonder the flash thingy on our corporate website always gives me a message about upgrading my browser) at work.

Actually I can't remember if I've seen the cookie issue at home -- maybe it was only here (at work). I've adjusted my cookie settings here, will see if it changes.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Generic wrote:It might be a problem with my computer, but I was wondering if no one else has had this problem lately:

When I'm on my home computer, I always select "Remain logged on from this computer," or whatever the option is called, but lately, it's been logging me out between sessions. Is this because of maintenance on the site, or do I need to check my Firefox settings?
My work computer does that all the time - but my home one never does. I assumed it was the Email Nazis' way of telling me to get back to work.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Eric Y. wrote: IE6 (!!? WTF? I just noticed this -- no wonder the flash thingy on our corporate website always gives me a message about upgrading my browser) at work.
I lost a bet with Spud over the same issue at my own job. Had to give him a beer in Spokane. :)
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

I am not aware of any recent changes on this end.

SPUD
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

Caravan Ray wrote:I assumed it was the Email Nazis' way of telling me to get back to work.
I assumed the same thing. Still do, in fact, as after adding sf.net to my list of "always accept cookies" it still didn't work this morning.