No longer getting email when a reply is posted

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

No longer getting email when a reply is posted

Post by Jim of Seattle »

This has always worked for me, but now I'm not getting notified by email when a reply is posted on a thread I'm following. I didn't change my email address (I checked) and no, I wasn't having them sent to my now defunct Microsoft email (I checked that too). Anyone know what's up with that?

(I have to remember to check here for a reply, because, well, that's the whole issue, so my responses may be delayed.)
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: No longer getting email when a reply is posted

Post by fluffy »

Check your spam filter? Or maybe you have some old inbox rule that's doing something weird?

Also sometimes Dreamhost has problems sending to some ISPs mostly because some ISPs are all "hurr we get a lot of spam from there so let's just throw out the baby with the bathwater."
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

yeah, i've often wondered whether my emails were getting through to people who i would expect to reply to me. or maybe they just hate me. but i am on dreamhost.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

This morning I received ten emails in the space of a few hours telling me there were replies on the boards, mostly repeats for just the two threads I'm participating in. Don't know what this means, maybe it means it's all working right again, but wanted to pass it along. Something's wonky.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Sometimes Dreamhost's outgoing mail server gets jammed up too. They serve a LOT of mail and their infrastructure can't really handle it.