SF Jukebox down

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

SF Jukebox down

Post by Jim of Seattle »

I don't know if this is a sanctioned and maintained site or what, but it's been down since yesterday. Also PMing Lunkhead.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: SF Jukebox down

Post by Lunkhead »

Yep, been down for a day or so. I get free hosting from my brother and he's working on resolving the issue. It may take another day to fix though, sadly.

If people actually start to give a s$#@ about this site I can investigate getting "real"/non-free hosting. I've just been a bit loathe to do it because I use Java and hosting options for that basically involve me getting a virtual server and setting up everything myself, Linux, Java, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, etc. etc. etc. It hasn't seemed worth the time/money yet for the Jukebox or SomeSongs.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I've been pretty happy with LiNode for my VPS needs. I should probably move more of my stuff over to my LiNode instance, really.

Oh, and of course, there's always EC2.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

EC2 was what I had in mind. I really just care about the price. Since I'll just be getting a "raw" server all the services seem like they'll be functionally pretty similar. Do you think LiNode is a better value than EC2? I haven't done a price comparison between the various options in a year or so.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

LiNode is probably better for a service which you need running constantly (like a mail server, what I use it for), whereas EC2 is better for a service which only needs CPU time when it needs it (such as when running a small-scale web application). I don't know how well EC2 works with things like cron jobs though. I've never actually used it myself... well, not externally to Amazon services, anyway, which have their own completely different set of provisioning and setup steps and whatever.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

The Jukebox and SomeSongs are back up, for now. Hopefully they will stay available. They feel a bit slow so there may still be problems and outages in the short term before it's stable again.