Board Links acting weird. :?

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
Dave - so dark...
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Board Links acting weird. :?

Post by Dave - so dark... »

Hey.. I have a problem from time to time, usually when i want to reply to a thread, and i click reply, or quote, and instead of taking me to the screen which i am happily typing into now, it just takes me to the front page of the message board.

I'm using Avant (just a window tabbing shell around IE6) WinXp.

anyone else getting this? usually if it happens, i have to close the window, go back into the message boards, and try to reply again and hope that it works, and if not, repeat till it does.

irritating >_<
I am a failure as a dave and as a human being!!
Dave - so dark...
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Dave - so dark... »

also, while i'm complaining.. i noticed if you change your nick in profile, it doesn't allow you to edit your posts under your old nick anymore.. not really a big problem.. but an issue none the less.
I am a failure as a dave and as a human being!!
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Board Links acting weird. :?

Post by ken »

HKD - Unit Z wrote:Hey.. I have a problem from time to time, usually when i want to reply to a thread, and i click reply, or quote, and instead of taking me to the screen which i am happily typing into now, it just takes me to the front page of the message board.

anyone else getting this?

irritating >_<
Yeah, you have to be logged in to reply/quote. If you aren't, it kicks to back to the start so you can log in, but doesn't really say that.

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Henrietta
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vox, Kazoo
Recording Method: None
Submitting as: Quimby, Nouveau Pauvre
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Henrietta »

I tried to reply to the politics thread while logged in, and I was sent back to the main forum index two or three times in a row...

Edit: Wait a minute!! I see... if I go back in the browser's history to the page I was on <i>before</i> I logged in, it no longer recognizes me as being logged in- even if I refresh the page. But when I jump forward again, it recognizes me as being logged in again.

So I really <i>wasn't</i> logged in when I thought I was.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

try, i think , holding down the shift key when you refresh, which means "REALLY REFRESH EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING." sometimes works better than just refresh.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas