Adding emoticons or BBCode

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Adding emoticons or BBCode

Post by tonetripper »

Ok, so I know it's a minor beef, but one that I think could be rectified. When I type in my reviews in the PHPbb box and want to add an emoticon or make something bold or italic, as soon as I do so it bumps all the way to the top after highlighting the word or words that I want to italicize or make bold or the emoticon I want to add to the text. In addtion when I add an emoticon to something that has already been written, say somewhere in the middle of a review or what have you, it puts it all the way to the bottom of the text that is written (url button does this as well).

Now it's not a big deal I know about the emoticon issue, and I can type in the appropriate BBCode in the middle of the text, but I think there must be a way to stop this from happening. If not then oh well. It's just that I usually write reviews and then add things like bold type and emoticons after sometimes and I find it kind of silly how it bumps you around like that.

Once again it's a minor complaint and not one the FMs or administrators need not to get their knickers in a knot over, but it's something that wasn't apparent until recently. That's all. Over and out.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Yeah - I noticed that happening after I got my new Mac. It used to work fine on my PC.

Is it a Mac thing? - or is it a message board thing that just coincidentally started happening when I got a new computer?
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

funny, it doesn't work right on my pc (mozilla). is it one of those annoying ie-only "features"?
it's a phpbb thing. not specific to songfight... i don't imagine the fms want to hack into the phpbb code :)
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas