Watching topic

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Watching topic

Post by Jim of Seattle »

What's the difference in behavioe from select "Start watching this topic" at the botto of a thread vs. selecting "Notify me when a reply is posted" at the bottom of a page where you type in your post?
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

Near as I can figure, they're two different means to the same end. And judging by some really old implementations of PhpBB I've seen, the "Notify" checkbox came first, and the "Watch this topic" link was added for when you're not posting but want to be notified of updates. (And it seems to me that if you start watching a thread via the link, then post a reply and forget to check the "notify" box before submitting, then you stop receiving thread updates.)