sort artists by number of entries?

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

sort artists by number of entries?

Post by Lunkhead »

I was just looking at the archive sorted by artist, and I think it would also be really cool to be able to sort by artist and number of entries. So I could see the people who've contribute >1 song at the top, with all the one-offs down at the bottom. It would make it easier for me to find somebody who I know contribute a bunch of songs but whose band name I don't remember.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Post by king_arthur »

And congratulations to the Idiot King(s) for taking the lead in the King Arthur award... Blind Mime in second and 15-16 puzzle holding down third...

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Wow, awesome!! Thanks Spud!
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

awesome that both FMs are in the top 10 all-time submitters.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

I've got to enter more.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

Yes, you do.

But Kudos to Wreckdom, Caravan Ray and Max the Cat for being up there within a year and a half of their first fights!

So, can we not weigh this somehow to reflect trajectory/density of submissions so that while those guys moved so fast, Octothorpe, though currently on top, took over 4 years...oh, forget it.
Last edited by roymond on Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Ah, but are we forgetting, Roymond, that one of the reasons for our high number are our 26-fight run upon our arrival? Don't think it's only the kids who've got the stamina.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

if you factor in collaborations and beards, johnny cashpoint smokes us all.

the most posts. the most songfights. he is arguably both the king and queen of songfight. :)
Hi!
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Jack wrote:Johnny smokes us all
There's some pun about flesh cigars here, but damned if I can think of it!

Yes, 106 songs since the 'Please Don't Call Me Ken' fight (not including 4 AADs, sidefights, and all the other stuff I do that doesn't show up here). And still no polka!

[/self-pimping]

j$
roymond
Beat It
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

j$ wrote:And still no polka!
Saving the best for last, no doubt.
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

roymond wrote:Yes, you do.

But Kudos to Wreckdom, Caravan Ray and Max the Cat for being up there within a year and a half of their first fights!

So, can we not weigh this somehow to reflect trajectory/density of submissions so that while those guys moved so fast, Octothorpe, though currently on top, took over 4 years...oh, forget it.
Well - from some quick calcs on fighters who have entered at least 20 songs - it seems that the top 5 "strike rates" from their first entry to now are:

Wreckdom - a song every 9 days
Ross Durand - a song every 12 days
Johnny Cashpoint - a song every 13 days
Caravan Ray - a song every 15 days
Luke Henley - a song every 16 days
(Octothorpe come in at a song every 23 days)

Only counting stuff under those names. If I include collaborations - I can get my strike rate down to 12 days - but if Luke, Ross and (especially) J$ count side projects - they would also drop considerably
(I wish I'd done these sums 6 weeks ago - I'm actually in the middle of the biggest SF drought I've had since I started).
Heather. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

Abominominous submitted at least a song a week for like 28 straight weeks, and also submitted as Spy vs Pie and the Hell Yeahs during some of those weeks. Sorry, I just felt like I needed to get some recognition for my man! :wink:
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

Caravan Ray wrote:Well - from some quick calcs on fighters who have entered at least 20 songs - it seems that the top 5 "strike rates" from their first entry to now are...
This only accounts for people / bands who submit songs consistently under one name.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Heather. Redmon. wrote:Abominominous submitted at least a song a week for like 28 straight weeks, and also submitted as Spy vs Pie and the Hell Yeahs during some of those weeks. Sorry, I just felt like I needed to get some recognition for my man! :wink:
phil is proof that quantity and quality do not always have an inverse relationship. his stuff is always quality.

phil redmon is the ironman of songfight.
Hi!
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

jack wrote:
phil redmon is the ironman of songfight.

wrong thread. :wink:
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

boltoph wrote:
Caravan Ray wrote:Well - from some quick calcs on fighters who have entered at least 20 songs - it seems that the top 5 "strike rates" from their first entry to now are...
This only accounts for people / bands who submit songs consistently under one name.
People who submit under different names obviously have something to hide and are more than likely terrorists
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Actually, Phil did 25 weeks in a row - I only know because I stopped him with the 'Octothorpe' card. Which i feel bad about, because then of course Wreckdom went and crapped all over it, feigning ignorance.

He is of course a sex-god.

And I am a terrorist.

j$
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

Caravan Ray wrote:People who submit under different names obviously have something to hide and are more than likely terrorists
That would obviously include people who have bands as well as solo stuff, participate in online collabs under different names, and change names for stylistic or genre variances with different songs.

Or maybe someone changes the name just get an honest, objective review, free of messageboard reputation...or to see if anyone knows it's them.

And if they listed all their alternate names in their archives, they'd definitely be trying to hide, right?
roymond
Beat It

Post by roymond »

Caravan Ray wrote:People who submit under different names obviously have something to hide and are more than likely terrorists
Precisely why I don't submit under different names (much). This way no one suspects the tall white yupie...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Caravan Ray
bono
bono

Post by Caravan Ray »

boltoph wrote:
That would obviously include people who have bands as well as solo stuff, participate in online collabs under different names, and change names for stylistic or genre variances with different songs.

Or maybe someone changes the name just get an honest, objective review, free of messageboard reputation...or to see if anyone knows it's them.

And if they listed all their alternate names in their archives, they'd definitely be trying to hide, right?
REVISED:

Wreckdom - a song every 9 days
Ross Durand - a song every 12 days
Johnny Cashpoint - a song every 13 days
Boltoph in all his many and varied forms - a song every 13 days
Caravan Ray - a song every 15 days
Luke Henley - a song every 16 days
(Octothorpe come in at a song every 23 days)

obviously these strike rates work heavily in favour of those who started more recently (it's my list and I'll do whatever it takes to get myself on it).

Ideally the strike rates should be worked out on an annual basis over a calander year - the Caravan Ray Annual Register of Songfight Entries. It would be interesting to see if J$ could get higher up my A.R.S.E than WreckdoM.
stueym
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Cubase/Stenberg CI2+/Roland VG-99/RolandGR-55
Submitting as: stueym

Post by stueym »

Caravan Ray wrote:stuff and...
Ideally the strike rates should be worked out on an annual basis over a calander year - the Caravan Ray Annual Register of Songfight Entries. It would be interesting to see if J$ could get higher up my A.R.S.E than WreckdoM.
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."