sort artists by number of entries?

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

Caravan Ray wrote:REVISED
  • :....
Shucks, you didn't have to...i mean, i wasn't really looking to be included. But thanks.

Me thinks this guy and these folks have alot of songs...
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

blue wrote:awesome that both FMs are in the top 10 all-time submitters.
JBB - 34
Abjure! - 6
The Mood Rats - 1
Bitter Benjamin - 1

= 42

Haven't counted the collabs, adding them would put me in the fifties somewhere.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

JB, sorry for the derail, but are you just super-busy with work and moving and hurricanes and whatever? I haven't seen you around much, certainly you haven't been doing much in the way of music (Pancakes excepted).
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

mkilly wrote:JB, sorry for the derail, but are you just super-busy with work and moving and hurricanes and whatever?
nailed it. also, i haven't been able to move into my new house, so i have no access to my music stuff.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

Well, I eagerly await your triumphant return.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

mkilly wrote:Well, I eagerly await your triumphant return.
As do I. I have a feeling moving that close to a large metropolis, assuming you did land in Decatur, that your music will reflect your new surroundings. In a good way.

(oh, and if you are ever @ Atkins Park and Heather is the bartender, tell her Hoblit said hi)
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

I don't know why I only thought of this now, but of course it would also be awesome to be able to sort the titles by number of entries as well. Biggest fights at the tops, smallest at the bottom, I mean. That would be so cool.
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street
Instruments: Theremin
Recording Method: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

I just noticed Yesterday you can view by number of entries, which is awesome, and then found this thread with some cool statistics I greatly appreciate from Caravan Ray, but this kinda got to me...
j$ wrote:Actually, Phil did 25 weeks in a row - I only know because I stopped him with the 'Octothorpe' card. Which i feel bad about, because then of course Wreckdom went and crapped all over it, feigning ignorance.

j$
While I think Johnny's being a little hard on us it gave me pause to think. I know I am kind of reclusive on the boards so this is probably not known but Octothorpe has greatly inspired us, and me especially, going all the way back to the first fight I ever listened to and voted on, "Step Up". After that, I was hooked and desperately wanted to submit a song for what felt like forever before I finally got to. So if breaking 26 weeks was an act of direspect, or generally perceived as an act of disrespect towards Octothorpe then I greatly and sincerely apologize. Nothing could be further from what I think of those guys, They are one of my absolute favorite Songfight bands and I am being genuine when I say I have mad respect for them. The idea we wronged them upsets me.

So If it would be disrespectful to have more songs in the archive than Octothorpe PLEASE tell me now. I don't want to change our name but if that's how to keep Songfighting and be friendly then dammit that's what we'll do.

Sorry about the soapbox, but it was buggin' me so I had to say something.
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

if they don't like it they can damn well post more songs.

or delete all of yours, whichever. :D
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

Well, not all of them hopefully, but if it comes to that then this one can go...

http://www.songfight.org/music/paperbac ... dom_pw.mp3 :D
"perhaps the most offensive and disturbing image I've ever heard in a song" - Hans Gruber
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Geoff,

Octothorpe's output has been slowed by the pulling out of our corporate sponsor, the tearing down of the shed, and a change of focus that puts quality before quantity.

Times change. You are the new Octothorpe in this area. We are the old one, which suits us better at this juncture. On the other hand, Blue is right. The ball is in our court.

Thanks for the kind words. Wanna buy a CD?

SPUD
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

Spud wrote:On the other hand, Blue is right. The ball is in our court.
Uh oh, guess we better step up our game or the songs'll start disapeering! :D

Thanks Spud, I appreciate it. Really. and I've been meaning to get copies of you guys discs, so that I might spring the mighty octothorpe upon the unsuspecting whenever I feel like it. which would be often.
"perhaps the most offensive and disturbing image I've ever heard in a song" - Hans Gruber
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Lunkhead wrote:I don't know why I only thought of this now, but of course it would also be awesome to be able to sort the titles by number of entries as well. Biggest fights at the tops, smallest at the bottom, I mean. That would be so cool.
Yeah, that would be cool!